I Went Pinger On You Guys.......

53 replies to this topic
  • RaptorRacer888

Posted December 22, 2004 - 10:32 PM

I just got a one too.(well about a month ago)

I love mine to death, and have no complaints. Well actually I fouled the plugs a few times, but thats my error. Not letting it warm up enough. I have not ridden mine on the track yet, but it is a great woods bike.

Congrats and great choice. :cry:

P.S. If you could see under my helmet while I ride my 250, all you would see on my face is a big :cry: .

• Satch0922

Posted December 23, 2004 - 05:20 AM

Satch:

First off... "CONGRATS" on your new bike. :cry: I bet you will re-adjust to the smoker in no time flat :cry: .

Now as for disowning you... Not unless you changed colors on us :cry: :cry: :D :lol:

Boyd

p.s. do ya have any 426 parts that are collecting dust in your shop? :cry:

I have sold the bike with all the BLING on it Boyd. I will look around but I dont think I have any 426 parts worth sharing ! LOL

• machoman_#618

Posted December 23, 2004 - 04:27 PM

you guys want to be impressed, get him to show you his vintage yamaha he is rebuilding,ur ,ur, ur, ur ,ur.(man sounds).Satch rides very well, but he has awesome rebuild skills!

• Satch0922

Posted December 23, 2004 - 06:03 PM

Macho....man this is ThumperTalk...no one wants to see the transformation of the 1982 YZ250 going from a rust bucket to showroom new! :cry:

• machoman_#618

Posted December 23, 2004 - 07:17 PM

I disagree, we are all motor heads with the need for speed and the rush you get from doing something the 1st time. Remember most of us are 35 plus. So we remember it very well! I want to ride it more than anything else. I just might not bring it back, if you let me ride it, lol. It would be well worth the arsh whipping I would take.

• b-bike

Posted December 23, 2004 - 09:12 PM

Macho....man this is ThumperTalk...no one wants to see the transformation of the 1982 YZ250 going from a rust bucket to showroom new! :D

Satch:
Do we have to start a poll in order to show you we want to see the rebuild?
Ya... this is "Thumpertalk" but, I agree with macho on this one. We are all wrench heads.

Show us the bike ;)
Show us the bike :lol:
Show us the bike :D
Show us the bike :lol:
Show us the bike :cry:
Show us the bike.........

Did I mention that I agree with macho on this one?
You "Need" to.......

Show us the bike ;)
Show us the bike ;)
Show us the bike :(

Yes... I had children. Why do you ask?
When thay would rant and rave on and on like this I would wear down and.......

Show us the bike ;)
Show us the bike ;)
Show us the bike ;)

give in and let them have what they wanted. :D

So.....

Show us the bike ;)
Show us the bike ;)
Show us the bike ;)

Please? :D

Boyd

• blue_beast_wins

Posted December 23, 2004 - 10:10 PM

Show us the bike !!!

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 23, 2004 - 11:35 PM

Show us the bike Satch! I love the early American model YZ's, the yellow looks awesome. Ours had white plastics, which looked very second hand after a few rides. If I can ever find a decent YZ465G or H, I will source yellow plastics from the 'States. :cry: Oh, I almost forgot, show us the bike! :cry:

• Derekj426

Posted December 24, 2004 - 12:27 AM

Satch, sad to see the 426/450 hybrid go.. Cool to hear about the swap to the 2-stroke side. Please tell how you feal about it.. The thought has crossed my mind but I dunno...

Please show us the rebuild.. I would love to see, espicially coming from you.

• SureBlue

Posted December 24, 2004 - 03:36 AM

In case nobody asked this yet,
SHOW US THE BIKE! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:24 AM

ok....you guys twisted my arm! The bike is an 82 YZ250J given to me by a friend and fellow rider in Houston. I opened my big mouth about wanting to get an older bike to restore and race in the Vintage classes...and well...I got my wish! The bike needs a full ground up resto. My goal is to make it showroom new. I have it stripped down to the frame, the frame is out for powder coating and when I get it back I will start putting the chassis together. The engine is mostly disassembled and will be the bigger challenge but I think it will just take time and finding the right parts. I cylinder needs to be resleeved but I have a lead on another one that is ready to go. Also the clutch is shot but I have a lead in those parts too.

So far I have restored the tank including OEM graphics and have had the seat restored. I have new side panels and new OEM Yamaha front and rear fenders. I have attached a link to pics and as I get the bike built I will be adding to the pictures.

Pictures of the 1982 YZ250J project

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:33 AM

Thanks for the pic's Satch, looking good so far :cry: How'd you get the tank so nice? Can you still buy new fenders/decals in the 'States for the old YZ's?

• Satch0922

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:38 AM

the tank was sanded and buffed...using 800/1000/2000 grit and then buffing compound.

The decals/graphics can be bought from reproduction companies. The fenders were bought on eBay..New Old Stock...they came with Yamaha parts stickers on them!! They look sweet. The side panels came from Maier and are very close to the originals.

• machoman_#618

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:58 AM

told ya so,lol

• Satch0922

Posted December 24, 2004 - 05:59 AM

I guess I should know by now to listen huh Macho? :cry:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 24, 2004 - 06:10 AM

Cool Satch! I have an IT250J, and the light blue tank is a bit faded on top. I might try the wet 'n' dry/buff it up trick on my couple of days off work. Cheers, Chris. :cry:

• SureBlue

Posted December 24, 2004 - 12:22 PM

Looks nice Satch, thanks for the photos. :cry:

• b-bike

Posted December 24, 2004 - 12:57 PM

I guess I should know by now to listen huh Macho? :cry:

A man who knows "when" to listen is seldom seen. :cry:

All that and a new bike too. You-Go-Boy!!! :cry:

Enjoy the new scoot.

Boyd

• Satch0922

Posted December 24, 2004 - 01:00 PM

Oh yeah.... and here are pics of the new bike :cry: I got impatient waiting for the ProTapers and the new chain to come in so I went ahead and put it together!!

2005 YZ250 "The New #9"

• blue_beast_wins

Posted December 24, 2004 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for the pics, looks like you are doing all the right things to that old Yz, oh and the new one looks good too, Lucky bastard !

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.