Header heat shield

11 replies to this topic
  • Thumper38

Posted December 21, 2004 - 06:18 AM

I posted before about this but there was not alot of info! Do they make any kind of heat shield for the white bros carbon pro? Or is there anyone who has made one that is good looking and functional?
Thanks, Jason

Posted December 21, 2004 - 07:28 AM

is it for the header or for the silencer? i wrapped my entire exhaust with exhaust wrap. it helps keeping my entire exhaust from burning holes in things or from burning myself. hope that helped.

• Thumper38

Posted December 21, 2004 - 08:06 AM

It is for the heaper pipe! does the exhaust wrap material hold up to wear and tear?

• yz426onNOS

Posted December 21, 2004 - 01:30 PM

If you contact e-line they will build one to fit for you.

• revolucien

Posted December 21, 2004 - 05:48 PM

Do you still have the stock one? If you do, use some hose clamps and a couple pieces of metal bent in a "U"
Drill a hole for the screw one side of the "U" and stick the other side under the clamp. Cheap and works great.

I had one of the E-line carbon fiber ones and it was almost 3 times the weight of the stock one and cost $100 :cry:

• Idaho_Wolverine

Posted December 21, 2004 - 08:15 PM

I dont run one, is that bad? I have yet to burn myself or anything else for that matter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper38

Posted December 22, 2004 - 06:02 AM

I did not get the exhaust yet it should be here any day, I was just concerned thet it would burn my pants I will just have to see!

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted December 22, 2004 - 06:26 AM

I have run header wrap on all our bikes for the past few years. It works great and holds up great, well assuming you dont shed it with the power washer. I wrap all the way to the silencer since it helps to minimize the heating of the carb and the shock resevoir too.

an unprotected pipe will not only burn your pants, but will also cause 3rd degree burns if you are unlucky enough to get stung by it.

• thelimey1

Posted December 27, 2004 - 03:36 PM

where do y'all get header wrap, is it something fancy and spendy, or can it be picked up at autozone.
and.......is it ugly..........how do you hold it on?

• Satch0922

Posted December 27, 2004 - 05:37 PM

get three bolts, weld then to the header, then buy a CF stock replacement off eBay....You can get them for about $30

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted December 27, 2004 - 05:53 PM

Look on the web for DEI header wrap. They also make stainless steel zip tie clamps for the wrap to secure it to the header and midpipe. TT store sells the wrap, and might even be able to get the SS clamps for it too. A 50' roll of 2" wrap will wrap 2 - 3 bikes, so you can replace it later on. DO NOT spray it with the pressure washer. :cry:

It's good stuff and well worth doing.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted December 27, 2004 - 09:11 PM

This is what you need

Use that along with your stock pipe guard.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.