Yz450wr Vs Ktm 450/525 Exc ?

3 replies to this topic
  • Dmacsimum

Posted December 20, 2004 - 09:26 PM

I'm looking in the near future of purchasing a trail bike that will be used for just about everything else besides Motocross, and Desert Racing. Occassionally I would ride it on a motocross track, but of course just for fun riding etc.. I'm around 5-8 and about 184 Lbs, and NOT blessed with long legs, I have around a 30 inch inseam.

I'm leaning towards the EXC for the seat height is lower than the WR's and that is a very important issue for me because it would be a big issue in tight turns on narrow trails to be able to touch down as soon as possible for balance. I currently have an 05 YZ250FS and the height of the bike is killing me. When ever I come to a stop, or have the need to throw a leg down, the tall height of the bike hapers my ability(s).

While I have ridden the 450WR, the same seat height problems pop up now and again. Other than that, I like the (WR) bike! So out of the three bikes, which would be a good choice do you think, and why? Also, does the 525 have a big difference of power than the 450 EXC? What about the EXC 450's power compared to the 450 WR's power output?

Sorry for the long post....
Dennis

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted December 21, 2004 - 07:10 AM

read.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=205228

It does have a happy ending.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted December 21, 2004 - 07:47 AM

if you've got a 30 inseam, none of the new bikes are going to fit you. unless you just want the power of a big bore, have a suspension shop lower you bike. they can take an inch or two out of both ends. it's cheaper than a new bike. as far as bikes go, your in the yamaha forum. we've made our choice, and it's blue. i have to say though, there are few bikes that can touch a 525 ktm.

• ncmountainman

Posted December 21, 2004 - 08:21 AM

the 05 wr450 is alot lower, i sat on one at the dealership and it felt too low for me ! but man it balanced a whole lot better than the 04 :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.