Air Filter!

16 replies to this topic
  • marcusmoberg

Posted December 20, 2004 - 03:48 PM

I just installed a K&N air filter on my WR 400! :cry: Are you supposed to put the stock air filter lid back on? Because the K&N air filter comes with a lid that goes on the air filter. It seems that it wouldn't get enough air! What should I do? Should I take the stock air lid off or leave it on? :cry:

• Moondogger

Posted December 20, 2004 - 03:52 PM

I took my stock air filter out completely and shoved an old sock in the air box. It runs great! Way more horsepower. :cry:

• marcusmoberg

Posted December 20, 2004 - 04:04 PM

Funny Ha Ha not Funny Queer! :cry:

• Moondogger

Posted December 20, 2004 - 04:32 PM

How can you be a judge of the air filtering qualities of an old sock if you've never tried it? Fool.

• Gadsen

Posted December 20, 2004 - 05:26 PM

Remove the entire air box ass'y., toss the entire filter ass'y away. Now get the hose off of your moms vacuum cleaner. Hook it snugly to the inlet of the Keihin, then duct tape it up high on the bike, then up your back. Snorkel should suck air about 1 foot above you head. This will prevent too much hot ait in there which can rob power. Now you can ford deep streams and when you all done, you can vacuum out the inside of the truck of all the dirt from a hard days ride. I recommend about 3500 rpms for best result on vacuuming.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 20, 2004 - 06:47 PM

Remove the entire air box ass'y., toss the entire filter ass'y away. Now get the hose off of your moms vacuum cleaner. Hook it snugly to the inlet of the Keihin, then duct tape it up high on the bike, then up your back. Snorkel should suck air about 1 foot above you head. This will prevent too much hot ait in there which can rob power. Now you can ford deep streams and when you all done, you can vacuum out the inside of the truck of all the dirt from a hard days ride. I recommend about 3500 rpms for best result on vacuuming.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :D :lol: :D

• firezwr426

Posted December 22, 2004 - 10:23 AM

LMFAO!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

• lewichris

Posted December 22, 2004 - 04:04 PM

I just installed a K&N air filter on my WR 400! :cry: Are you supposed to put the stock air filter lid back on? Because the K&N air filter comes with a lid that goes on the air filter. It seems that it wouldn't get enough air! What should I do? Should I take the stock air lid off or leave it on? :cry:

I believe that that lid is to cover it for when you wash the bike.

What you really need is the carbon fiber velocity stack and airbox. There is a definite increase with both installed.

Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted December 22, 2004 - 04:04 PM

How can you be a judge of the air filtering qualities of an old sock if you've never tried it? Fool.

Is it a black sock or a white sock. cause i have had the best luck with the black.

• firezwr426

Posted December 22, 2004 - 08:08 PM

Is it a black sock or a white sock. cause i have had the best luck with the black.

I prefer argile, 100% cotton (pre-shrunk of course)

• Gadsen

Posted December 22, 2004 - 11:06 PM

Being as its winter, I recommend using the electric socks, This will keep the carb from icing up!

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 23, 2004 - 07:50 AM

Being as its winter, I recommend using the electric socks, This will keep the carb from icing up!

LOL! LOL! LOL! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :D :lol: :D :D :D ;) ;) ;)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 23, 2004 - 07:57 AM

Toyota, I use the "Heater grips" to keep the airbox warm, I use 3 pairs to line the inside of the airbox so HOT air goes into the carb.... :cry:

• lewichris

Posted December 23, 2004 - 09:36 AM

Toyota, I use the "Heater grips" to keep the airbox warm, I use 3 pairs to line the inside of the airbox so HOT air goes into the carb.... :cry:

I actually tow a generator around with me to run my engine block heater so my engine stays warm when i am not riding it.

• JVP

Posted December 23, 2004 - 02:40 PM

I think marcusmoberg should use fishnet stocking for a filter. :cry: They seem to match his brains that are also full of holes. :cry:

• greg-wr400

Posted December 26, 2004 - 06:34 PM

if'n i floss my teeth with wax; how will the carbon fiber pancake shake well within the pre-shrunken airbox? ...fool.

• Steviejay01

Posted December 27, 2004 - 03:36 AM

:cry:
:lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.