Hydraulic Clutch on YZ400

10 replies to this topic
  • tammie

Posted December 20, 2004 - 11:57 AM

anyone got one.....any negatives about them...reasons i shouldn't get one..i was looking at the Magura...

my clutch is so stiff.........i have brand new DP clutch and new clutch cable and clutch springs....

got a 99 yz400

• mxcowboy

Posted December 20, 2004 - 02:52 PM

I bought the Hebo Hydraulic Clutch ( http://www.erider.ws/hyd.htm ) because it had the braided line. I installed it 2 years ago and have not touched it since except to pull the lever in with one finger.

• Satch0922

Posted December 20, 2004 - 03:32 PM

Before you spend $180 on a juice clutch try this.....it works and it's FREE

"Here is the "clutch lever" mod as posted by "Gottaroost" on TT. just drilled my lever out today and relocated the cable barrel closer to the pivot point. Made a big difference! Then lubed it all, including the barrels with TriFlow...very nice feel. Here are some pics. http://img.photobuck.../PICT0003_1.jpg
I used a 21/64 bit for the main barrel hole, then an 1/8 bit to drill out and smooth the area where the cable pulls through. Careful not to drill the main hole too deep.

• Vetmxrider

Posted December 20, 2004 - 04:35 PM

Try the tip that Satch has posted here. I did this mod to my 02 YZ426 after reading it here on Thumper Talk and it works GREAT! There is no reason to spend the money, unless you just want a juice clutch. I had a Magura that came stock on my 2000 KTM and it was a very good unit. I was going to buy the same set-up for my YZF until I read and tried this mod. Try it before you spend $165.00-$185.00.
Good Luck

• BrianBills

Posted December 21, 2004 - 05:24 PM

Do you notice that you have to pull the clutch lever further to accompolish the same thing as previously? Is it a big difference in how far you have to pull it?

Thanks,
Brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted December 21, 2004 - 05:27 PM

with the lever mod? There is no difference once you adjust the cable properly....just a lighter pull.

• tammie

Posted December 22, 2004 - 05:12 AM

thanx for the tip, I'll try that lever mod !!

• BrianBills

Posted December 24, 2004 - 11:43 AM

Be careful, as I tried the mod and it didn't work out so well. The crappy metal wasn't strong enough and it broke once any pressure was put on it.

• Satch0922

Posted December 24, 2004 - 11:45 AM

been using the same "moded" lever for over two years. You must position the new hole in the proper place. And as always, lube your clutch cable after every ride.

• GENE426

Posted December 25, 2004 - 09:29 AM

You Would Have To Pull The Lever Farther With The How In A Lower Spot
I Had A Magura Clutch On My 02 426 And It Was Harder To Pull Then The Cable One . Try This Get A New Motion Pro T2 Clutch Cable And Clean Upo The Lever And Clutch Perch
Mine On My 04 450 Works Easy

• Satch0922

Posted December 25, 2004 - 09:36 AM

You Would Have To Pull The Lever Farther With The How In A Lower Spot

that does not change if you adjust the cable

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.