Why is subframe off center??

7 replies to this topic
  • Flattracker60

Posted December 20, 2004 - 07:12 AM

While standing behind my (never crashed, brand new) 04YZ450, the center of the rear fender is moved over about an inch to the right from the center of my rear tire. Anyone else have this or hear about this? :cry:

• sirthumpalot

Posted December 20, 2004 - 07:26 AM

Maybe it fell over in the show room?

• berudd

Posted December 20, 2004 - 10:44 AM

Or if you are a big dude maybe you did it landing a big jump.

• Flattracker60

Posted December 20, 2004 - 12:06 PM

Jump...me... :cry: I can't jump to save my life, that's why I race flattrack. I'm 185lbs and had (I did ride the bike on the ice since) never ridden it, other than up and down the road to break it in :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted December 20, 2004 - 04:45 PM

While standing behind my (never crashed, brand new) 04YZ450, the center of the rear fender is moved over about an inch to the right from the center of my rear tire. Anyone else have this or hear about this? :cry:

it a 50/50 deal on all dirt bikes - I know that crap drives me crazy - take the fender off the pipe off and I use a dead weight hammer(filled with sand) to bend it back to center - no big deal. :cry:

• frankrock363

Posted December 20, 2004 - 07:01 PM

Yea mine was off a little too. Right off the showroom floor,realy pissed me off. One thing I noticed was when you loosen the bolts on the subframe and pipe you can move an inch in ether direction. That also got to me very sloppy I thought. I just ended up loosening the bolts and repositioning the muffler that seemed to fix it. That muffler is so big it acts like an anchor on the subframe. Tighten the subframe bolts first once it is centered then the muffler second. At least that worked for me.

• Satch0922

Posted December 20, 2004 - 07:15 PM

One day at the track I asked the same question....three Yamaha's an 04 450, an 05 450 and an 05 250 all three had this issue. Then I looked at my 426 that has all 450 stuff on it.....and it was off center to the right too!!

Could it have something to do with kickstarting the bikes? Just a thought

• SCOTTYZF426FLA

Posted December 20, 2004 - 07:41 PM

Nope mine is and my buddies is not. We bought 2 new 04 450's with the same issue. I swapped subframes to see if it was the issue. It must have been the frame or the rear fender. I am going to see if its the rear fender next. Mine was this way right from the dealer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.