XR650R head light Bulb

4 replies to this topic
  • Desertskyy

Posted December 19, 2004 - 09:59 PM

About a year ago I picked up some great info here on TT where a member found a 25watt dual filament bulb that had the same flange as the stock XR650R bulb. You take a soldering iron and run piece of solder between both of the filament posts and you end up with a 50watt bulb. The bulb # is
A-3606 I located a bulb last year (The only one the shop had) and it works great and the head light is much brighter. I have been looking for a spare but have not found a place that sells the A-3606 Has anyone done this mod and do you know where I could locate a couple of bulbs. I located a bulb shop on the net but they want you to spend about $30.00 per order. The first bulb cost me $2.50

Thanks

• loufish

Posted December 19, 2004 - 10:39 PM

This 3606, is it a Halogen? if not, don't waste your time, Baja designs has a replacement lens & 55 watt halogen bulb setup, it works very well with the stock stator.
I think you can also get this setup from Honda, but I don't know for sure.
This is what I'm running, the next step up demands a stator upgrade.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StevePSD

Posted December 19, 2004 - 10:51 PM

Does this use a H4 bulb? Will the lens replace the stocker, or do you have to use a baja design mounting/number plate?

Thanks.

• Desertskyy

Posted December 19, 2004 - 11:19 PM

loufish thanks for the reply. The Baja designs unit is about $55.00 The bulb that I am looking for is about $3.00 and at 50 watts it works real well. It is not a halogen. Also when you have a dual filiment bulb if one filament blows out you still have a 25watt bulb to get you home. I was trying to avoid buying the Baja designs unit and save my money for something else.

The search continues.

• Jx3

Posted June 26, 2014 - 04:37 PM

I found a dual filament light at Napa that is 55watts. It has the same flange, and I could solder them together, but I think that would be too much wattage for the plastic lens?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.