yz450f crank question

5 replies to this topic
  • rbm33

Posted December 19, 2004 - 04:50 PM

does anyone have a picture of the timing chain gear on the end of a 450 crank??

im doing a rebuild and it looks like the gear is worn, kinda looks like an old sprocket and there isnt alot of material on the peak of the gears. i just broke a valve and bent 3 other valves and im not sure if it jumped time because of the gear or if i just broke a valve and damaged the others.

any help would be appreciated.

• jimmyg

Posted December 19, 2004 - 05:00 PM

i just replaced mine when i took it apart the teeth were severely worn the timing chain in these things chew them up i wish they would put a replaceable gear on these things it would be a lot easier & cheaper to fix that way.

• rbm33

Posted December 19, 2004 - 07:59 PM

did you replace the entire crank or just the half with the gear on it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jimmyg

Posted December 20, 2004 - 05:43 PM

i replaced the whole thing although you could get away with half im not sure if it would cause a balance problem or not never tried it.

• rbm33

Posted December 22, 2004 - 06:39 PM

a few pics

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

• jimmyg

Posted December 23, 2004 - 06:01 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.