05 wr 450 help

3 replies to this topic
  • JCTDF

Posted December 19, 2004 - 03:49 PM

Proud new owner of an 05 wr 450. I've heard tails of gray wires, grinding 18mm off pins in the carb, cutting out inserts in air boxes and all sorts of stuff. Where's the gray wire? What's it do? What pin in the carb? Also I cannot find anything to remove in the silencer. What mods do you guys recommend??? The bike is already fast, does it get faster???

• ncmountainman

Posted December 19, 2004 - 04:29 PM

your running on a constipated,half throttled machine! you think its fast now :cry: do a search in this forum for free mods it'll keep you entertained for a while. then alls you gotta do after the mods is hang on :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • liv2ride

Posted December 19, 2004 - 04:45 PM

Don't Forget To Buy The Jd Jetting Kit For It, Then It Will Realy Sing!!!

• las_vegas_thumper

Posted December 20, 2004 - 08:30 PM

Proud new owner of an 05 wr 450. I've heard tails of gray wires, grinding 18mm off pins in the carb, cutting out inserts in air boxes and all sorts of stuff. Where's the gray wire? What's it do? What pin in the carb? Also I cannot find anything to remove in the silencer. What mods do you guys recommend??? The bike is already fast, does it get faster???

Congrats on the new WRide :lol: :D :cry:
The grey wire is a matter of removing the gas tank, locating the 6-wire connector coming out of the 'black box', and unhooking the grey wire. I grabbed an old dental pick and pulled the end of the wire out of the connector. Then tape it up with electrical tape. If for some reason you ever need to put it back together, it is there (ie, it is not cut and gone.)

The exhasut is the easiest... 6 allen bolts to take off the end cap, then 4 more to remove the small tip. Put the 4 bolts back in to hold in the spark arrestor and then finish by putting the end cap and 6 bolts back on. Done :cry:

The 'pin' (ie, throttle stop) is not difficult, but takes a couple more minutes. I took off the Air Injection System to get at the bolt easier. Pull it out, cut and debur it, and replace (with a little locktite). I cut off about 11mm using a Dremel at first, then a piece of sandpaper or metal file. Put a little grease on the end so it does not corrode.

Now... Get on, Sit down, Shut up and Hold on :cry: :cry: :cry: Dude, can you say, "night and day?"

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.