hotcams

1 reply to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted December 19, 2004 - 08:28 AM

has anyone installed both intake and exhaust hot cams on thier 03-04 wr450 , i was wondering because someone told me that they tried the exhaust and lost bottom,now i hear from someone else when used together they are awesome :cry: i definately don't want to lose bottom end,but now if it was an increase across the board :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tool

Posted December 19, 2004 - 01:30 PM

hello mountain man.
i havent tried both cams on a wr. but i believe that changing only the exh. cam (which is what i did) will give you more top end without losing much bottom. maybe its the intake cam that loses bottom end?
i think hotcams in general are aimed more at top end.
ive read that changing cam profiles will alter the part of the powerband where the power is most abundant. ?
i will say this, the power across the board is "sweeter". the bottom may be smoother, but its more responsive. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.