YZ flywheel weight

24 replies to this topic
  • Goosedog

Posted December 22, 2004 - 07:40 PM

goosedog:

I have an 01 YZ-426. Last year I installed the 12oz. stealthy and just love the difference.

Boyd

When installing the Steahly, do you have to pull off the OEM flywheel with a flywheel puller or do you just have to thread it on. I'm asking cause I believe I'll get one and want to know if I can do the install or if I should figure the added cost of my mechanics time as well.

• mxcowboy

Posted December 22, 2004 - 07:49 PM

It's pretty simple... You will need a flywheel puller....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • b-bike

Posted December 23, 2004 - 06:50 AM

When installing the Steahly, do you have to pull off the OEM flywheel with a flywheel puller or do you just have to thread it on. I'm asking cause I believe I'll get one and want to know if I can do the install or if I should figure the added cost of my mechanics time as well.

goosedog:

Yes, you will need to remove the flywheel.
After the weight is installed to the flywheel check all around the flywheel for metal shavings. The magnets will attrack any loose pieces of metal and hold them. This must be "Clean" before putting it back in your bike.

Boyd

• Goosedog

Posted December 23, 2004 - 02:39 PM

Thanks Boyd. I'm going with the complete flywheel though, so I shouldn't have the loose shavings issue since I won't be drilling anything. I'm just trying to find it for less than the going rate at Steahly's if possible or a used one maybe. BTW, I've got a buddie say's he has a puller so I'll be doing the work myself.

• b-bike

Posted December 23, 2004 - 09:19 PM

goosedog:

You won't regret putting the flywheel on you "scoot". Enjoy that first ride after the install. It will be the begining of you relationship with your new bike. :cry:

Boyd

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.