lots of heat coming off the seat and tank

1 reply to this topic
  • purluvwr450

Posted December 18, 2004 - 08:58 AM

Not sure of the reasoning behind it so I'm going to ask you highly intelligent members of TT and see if anyone has a clue. For the first few rides everything was fine on my 05 WR450, I have done all the free mods and am waiting for the JD kit to arrive, now when I ride my tank and seat become so hot that it causes me to sweat profusely in the private areas. Has anyone else noticed this and is it normal or might you have an idea of what is wrong?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted December 18, 2004 - 02:59 PM

The only time they get hot under the tank if they are sitting or riding slow 1st gear trails for extended periods of time and there is no airflow to cool the header pipe. Obviously, check the coolant.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.