New 05' WR450, What to do???

4 replies to this topic
  • Brian M

Posted December 17, 2004 - 08:13 PM

I just purchased a new 05' WR 450. I live in soCA and have done a few things. I pulled the gray wire, installed the YZ throttle stop, and pulled the baffle and sparkarrestor out of the exhaust. Should I cut the holes out of the airbox on the side or should I rejet first? If I should rejet What kit should I use?

Thanks,

Brian M

• BURLEY

Posted December 17, 2004 - 08:42 PM

Ok, don't cut the holes out yet. I got a bit crazy with the dremel and cut them out before I even decided if I needed to. With the snorkle pulled out there is a significant increase in air intake. The problem with the side holes is one, it let's more water in and two, increased noise. Rejet and see how it runs. If you need some more air I would suggest those little round rubber UNI pre filters deals. They look to be about 1" dia. and you can drill the holes and install the little filters as needed. Don't do it just 'cuz the pre-cuts are marked. You and I live in the very sound conscience SoCal. Believe it or not the more open your airbox the louder your bike will be. Put the Zip Ty fuel mixture screw on 'er ($20 bucks you can buy it on this website or John Burr carries them). Otherwise it sounds like you got it. I also put a Twin Air filter on mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian M

Posted December 17, 2004 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for the info. What do you know about removing the air induction system and pluging the holes in the head?

• simica

Posted December 18, 2004 - 02:49 PM

Hey Burley,

Was it you that was having bike problems a week or so ago, wasn't running good? After all the mods you did, what did you do to fix your problem? Since you've made a lot of changes to your bike, carb and plastic, I have another question for you. Do you know if one of the plastic companies sells a front number plate (no light), and rear fender (no light) that will fit on the '05 WR450 using the stock brackets and such? If you don't I'll make this question a new thread. Thanks

• BURLEY

Posted December 18, 2004 - 06:05 PM

Hey Burley,

Was it you that was having bike problems a week or so ago, wasn't running good? After all the mods you did, what did you do to fix your problem? Since you've made a lot of changes to your bike, carb and plastic, I have another question for you. Do you know if one of the plastic companies sells a front number plate (no light), and rear fender (no light) that will fit on the '05 WR450 using the stock brackets and such? If you don't I'll make this question a new thread. Thanks

Take a look at that thread about my carb problems. I believe they were self induced! Use a YZ front plate and rear fender from any of the plastics companies. My plate is Acerbis. You have to do a wee lil' bit of trimming on the rear fender to make room for the coolant overflow bottle. Works fine!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.