hard to start at elevation

4 replies to this topic
  • mtb275

Posted December 17, 2004 - 01:40 PM

I have an 04 wr450. YZ cam and JD jetting kit. I am having problems starting the bike when it is at any elevation increase from the valley. Only when it is cold. I usually have to pop start it and it runs great. Once running or fires once it starts fine the rest of the day. any ideas ? :cry:

• pattch

Posted December 17, 2004 - 02:02 PM

Adjust you air fuel screw! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted December 17, 2004 - 02:23 PM

What pilot jet and starter jet are you using? What elevation?

• mtb275

Posted December 21, 2004 - 08:27 AM

i have no idea. I bought the bike barley used and he installed the jd jetting kit. what should it be?

• jerryls

Posted December 21, 2004 - 08:55 AM

If you give me your elevation and the temperature, I can give you a close approximation for your jetting. Or Indy might show up and give you the perfect combo.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.