Heated grip wiring?

10 replies to this topic
  • beezer

Posted December 17, 2004 - 07:29 AM

Where would be the best place to pick up power for my heated grips on my 450?

I was thinking I could get power from the spagetti on the front of the bike from the headlight.

The grips use very little amperage.

• BrandonW

Posted December 17, 2004 - 07:50 AM

That is where I got my power.

I pull the headlight bulb when I am strickly riding off road, and one time my light switch was "off" and I could not quite figure out why the grip warmers were not working.

Other than that, Beezer is gonna like.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted December 17, 2004 - 09:13 AM

Pay attention to how you run the wires for the throttle side. All that twistin of the throttle broke my wires off the heater element. And I thought ahead even and wired it so the wires wouldn't move on the element when the throttle was twisted. And they still broke.

Heated grips draw about 35 watts. That white ceramic thingy gets hot so carefull were you mount it.

• beezer

Posted December 17, 2004 - 09:17 AM

Thanks boys!

Anything is better than couching.

I'm going to open some trails up in the nature preserve.

The tree huggers don't like to be out in the cold.

• Chas_M

Posted December 17, 2004 - 10:36 PM

That is where I got my power.

I pull the headlight bulb when I am strickly riding off road, and one time my light switch was "off" and I could not quite figure out why the grip warmers were not working.

Other than that, Beezer is gonna like.

If you wire your hot grips to the hot lead going to the headlight switch, you can run your hot grips with or without the headlight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted December 18, 2004 - 05:40 AM

Thats a good idea!

• TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted December 18, 2004 - 08:02 AM

Oh man, I need grip warmers! How do they work? Do they come with grips? The last 2 rides I did on the Big Island I froze my azz and hands off for miles. Never thought I'd say this but I need grip warmers!!!!!!

• PumpkinHumper

Posted December 18, 2004 - 08:23 AM

Oh man, I need grip warmers! How do they work? Do they come with grips? The last 2 rides I did on the Big Island I froze my azz and hands off for miles. Never thought I'd say this but I need grip warmers!!!!!!

Why is it that I just dont feel sorry for you? :cry:

• TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted December 18, 2004 - 08:50 AM

Why is it that I just dont feel sorry for you? :cry:

:cry:

• drewpeacock

Posted December 18, 2004 - 03:51 PM

He'll never know how much fun frozen lakes and rivers are...

• 450high

Posted December 25, 2004 - 03:08 AM

There adheasive sheets.You just peel your grips of and stick them to the bars then i silastic the grip back on.I run mine fron the always hot wires at the head light , they have warm and hot settings.Best thing you could get and there cheap

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.