Looking for a cam kit for my 01 YZF 426

4 replies to this topic
  • Brandon Meidam

Posted December 16, 2004 - 07:07 PM

Does anyone know where to get a good deal on a cam kit with the decompressor lobe for the 00-02 426? I have heard that you only have to change the one cam and it's not that bad to do. I also here that the mod helps with performance as well as much easier starting. I don't mind the cold start but on the trail my buddy with his 03 450 always gets a head start on me. Thanks for the help.

Brandon

• TonyDeCoster

Posted December 16, 2004 - 07:36 PM

Hotcams sells one with the decompression built in or you can do a search in here for the "cam mod" where you install a YZ450F ex cam in place of the stocker. There are thousands of posts on the subject....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mj2412

Posted December 16, 2004 - 09:40 PM

Hello,
i bought this week a Hotcams cam with auto decompresser for my 426 01 from pro-flow.com. The cheapest Hotcams i found and you can order both or only the exhaust cam. The Hotcams will also be an improvement in the power of the bike, not only in starting it.

Martin

• panteramatt

Posted December 17, 2004 - 04:54 PM

The pro-flow site is for cars.

• Brandon Meidam

Posted December 17, 2004 - 09:39 PM

Have you installed yet? If so was it very difficult to do?

Brandon

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.