Have a spoke to sell?

10 replies to this topic
  • tbronco

Posted July 24, 2001 - 07:06 AM

I need a spoke for 98WR rear wheel, sprocket side, outer ring. $90+ and my dealer won't seperate a set.

I really dislike that parts manager. Everytime I give him another chance he reminds me why I avoid spending money there.

• Jason_Williams

Posted July 24, 2001 - 10:42 AM

Why is it that they only sell things as a hole. That sucks!!! I lost one of the bass air release screws on the top of the fork tube and I had to buy the whole cap!!!! Cost me sixty bucks!!!!

• Butta

Posted July 24, 2001 - 12:24 PM

$90??? Baja Designs can get a set of stainless steel spokes for $60... would work a lot better than the stock..

------------------
'98 WR400, S-3B Viking

• MOmilkman

Posted July 24, 2001 - 06:23 PM

Originally posted by Jason Williams:
I lost one of the bass air release screws on the top of the fork tube and I had to buy the whole cap!!!! Cost me sixty bucks!!!!

I know this is after the fact, but how come you didnt just buy some cool quick bleeders from white brothers to replace the brass screw. You can release the pressure with a push of the button instead of taking a screw out. Their only $10.
Im not trying to depress you Jason, I just thought this might be useful for anyone else that has this problem.

------------------
Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

• *mike68*

Posted July 24, 2001 - 07:13 PM

I sent you an e-mail. I have a few floating around. I'll send you a few for free if you don't mind used ones. I switced over to all SS Steel and haven't had to tension since.

[This message has been edited by *mike68* (edited 07-24-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_Williams

Posted July 25, 2001 - 05:34 AM

Momilkman, I'll keep that in mind the next time I have to replace one. Which will probably be never but thanks for the tip.

• tbronco

Posted July 26, 2001 - 04:41 AM

Thanks *Mike68*!

I love Thumpertalk!!

• Unkle_Moose

Posted July 26, 2001 - 12:33 PM

To *MIKE68* I sent you an e-mail today about spokes.

• bonez34

Posted July 26, 2001 - 04:28 PM

hey mike 68, i lost my back wheel on the trail yesterday, got any extras? and my exhaust too, header and all, help a brother out will ya?

• Unkle_Moose

Posted July 30, 2001 - 01:37 PM

Hello *MIKE68* Received spokes today, thanks for getting them mailed right away. :) I hope I can help you out some day. Now if I could win the CALIF State Lottery I would be on my way to go ride with you. Maybe some day and can drive across the US. Thanks again.

• *mike68*

Posted July 31, 2001 - 05:07 AM

You're welcome. Maybe someday we can meet in the middle somewhere. Happy riding and I hope the spokes work. Lube the threads or they will get stuck together. FYI, I relaced my rim with stainless spokes, it took an hour and they have NOT had to be retensioned once.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.