Electric starter on YZ400F

10 replies to this topic
  • panosyz400f

Posted December 16, 2004 - 10:36 AM

Can someone tell me if there is some kind of a kit or a conversion to get an electrostarter on my 98' YZ 400 F ?

• yz400fl1

Posted December 16, 2004 - 03:20 PM

When I got my 99' 400F a year ago I said the same thing. You would have to replace the whole side case because of where the starter mounts. This is what they told me at the local dealer.

The guy before me never rode the bike. It has acctually gotten easier to start and runs better because the bike is just now breaking in (I don't ride as much as some people). Just learn the drill. The more you do it the easier it gets.

• Scooter426

Posted December 16, 2004 - 03:28 PM

I have this very issue as one of my secret MX aftermarket items (of the future). It is on my list of things to get done in life!

Aftermarket starter kits for MX only bikes. It sound like I should get started on the design right now. What would you be willing to pay?

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted December 16, 2004 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, it sounds like a good idea. Lets add an electric starter to a motocross bike so we can make it heavier. Shoulda got a WR.

Dont be so lazy bro.

• Todd98YZ400F

Posted December 18, 2004 - 10:58 PM

Once I learned how to kick this bike over it's really quite easy. I was washing it today and I haven't rode it since last weekend. It kicked over the 1st time. These engines are money.

Yeah, sell your YZ and get a WR and do the mods. You'll spend more money trying to rig a electric starter on a YZ compared to getting a WR.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz426onNOS

Posted December 19, 2004 - 06:18 AM

Yeah, it sounds like a good idea. Lets add an electric starter to a motocross bike so we can make it heavier. Shoulda got a WR.

Dont be so lazy bro.

Seriousley america is so F$$KING lazy. WTH is wrong with people. Why don't you put a heated leather massageing seat on your yz too. How hard is it to lift you leg a coupple feet and kick down with your body weight? OMG you burned off the bag of dorritos you ate for lunch. :cry: :cry:

Sorry to be so rude, but come on. :cry:

• starttman

Posted December 19, 2004 - 08:57 PM

"Dont be so lazy bro."

yea really

• GYT-Rider

Posted December 19, 2004 - 10:46 PM

Check out www.ramirez.it, they make an electric start kit for the 426, but it will cost you an arm and a leg. Here is a pic

• Todd98YZ400F

Posted December 20, 2004 - 08:49 AM

Kit di avviamento elettrico
per Yamaha YZ/WR 400 e 426
Prezzo al pubblico: 1.300 Euro IVA inclusa

$1,300 Euro means $1,600 or so US. Not even close to being worth it. Much cheaper buying a WR and doing all of the free mods + you get a headlight.

• 05PPTLD

Posted September 08, 2007 - 09:08 AM

My reasoning for one: My dad has a bad leg and cant start the 400 as easily. but the cheap fix was just getting him something different...

• stroker yz426

Posted September 08, 2007 - 12:39 PM

My reasoning for one: My dad has a bad leg and cant start the 400 as easily. but the cheap fix was just getting him something different...

you could have just repalced the exhuast cam....it comes with auto decompress.....for a couple hundo and it makes these bikes rip...it put both cams in mine before the lower end went boom....and anyway making a start for these bikes is a good option for problems like your dads....or like me...i put a 426 motor in my girlfriends..yamaha blaster frame...it ripps....seriously...but without the starter...the swap wouldnt ahve worked

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.