XR650L Terraflex question

9 replies to this topic
  • XR Dude

Posted December 16, 2004 - 09:42 AM

Hey guys anyone have any experience with the terraflex type 1 or type 2 on their 650L? Looks to me like the sizes offered on the type 2 won't fit the L. Would love to hear some feed back.

• 1biglung

Posted December 16, 2004 - 11:30 AM

My understanding is that the 140/80/18 will fit without the chain guard. I also hear that you need to be at least 1/2 way out on the chain adjustment. The tire gets a little taller with some speed and you can rip the shock guard flap off if there is not enough clearance.

I will be picking one up within the next couple of days. (Maybe tonight) I can let you know for sure after I mount it. :cry:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 16, 2004 - 11:42 AM

The type 2 (DOT) works fine. I didn't have the upper chain guard on when I installed the T-flex, so I don't know if you need to pull it. Probably, though.
I'm a little less than 1/2way through the adjusters, and there's plenty of clearance. Don't know how far forward you can go before it touches the shock guard.

Make sure you warn people not to ride too close in the rocks...

Dave

PS I regrooved my t-flex with a $65 groover to stretch the life a little. Worked pretty good!

• XR Dude

Posted December 16, 2004 - 12:47 PM

You guys are awesome, quick replies and excellant information! Yes 1biglung I'd love to hear how it goes. I'd rather have the type 2 but didn't know if it would fit, so thanks fellas.

• Rockjockey

Posted December 16, 2004 - 12:59 PM

See my reply under Monster post.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cheff

Posted December 16, 2004 - 03:59 PM

Hey guys anyone have any experience with the terraflex type 1 or type 2 on their 650L? Looks to me like the sizes offered on the type 2 won't fit the L. Would love to hear some feed back.

I got the Teraflex type 2 on my L. I will be stiking with this tire for the rear. it wears well, last a long time and hooks up great in the street or dirt. :cry:

• 1biglung

Posted December 17, 2004 - 09:56 PM

Just mounted her up and it is sick!!!!!

Fits great and did I say it's sick!!!!!!

I will be going out tomorrow morning to try it out.

• bluerock5

Posted December 19, 2004 - 06:36 AM

Where can you buy them for a good price? Thanks

• 1biglung

Posted December 19, 2004 - 09:04 AM

I got mine at Chaparral for $74.99. It's 15 min away from me.

Took it out yesterday and it works great.

FYI-I have an old XR's only supertrapp (megaphone style), lowering link, and have not put in a heavier spring for my weight yet and hit a couple if jumps and had a rear wheel landing and barley hit the pipe a couple of times. I am going to put my 13 tooth CS sprocket and that should cure it.

• XR Dude

Posted December 20, 2004 - 06:10 AM

Thanks for the info 1biglung without a doubt the this is the tire for me.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.