Taller foot pegs for an 04 WR

16 replies to this topic
  • Treebark

Posted December 15, 2004 - 08:09 AM

I've been searching for raised foot pegs for my 04 WR 450 and have not found any. A friend had a suggestion to weld replacement pegs on. He says that some one sells a replacement foot peg that consist of just the outer skin of the pegs that can be welded on. Does anyone know of these?

• Jackazz

Posted December 15, 2004 - 10:25 AM

Dude, how short/tall are you? Why do you think you want to move your pegs (just curious).

• Hurricane

Posted December 15, 2004 - 10:37 AM

Treebark is vertically challenged. His WR gives him a spanking through the whoops! :cry:

• Hamish

Posted December 15, 2004 - 12:17 PM

Treebark is vertically challenged. His WR gives him a spanking through the whoops! :cry:

:cry: LOL
I was curious about that too cus me (and most other ppl) move their pegs down.

• jbrooks26

Posted December 15, 2004 - 01:18 PM

I've been searching for raised foot pegs for my 04 WR 450 and have not found any. A friend had a suggestion to weld replacement pegs on. He says that some one sells a replacement foot peg that consist of just the outer skin of the pegs that can be welded on. Does anyone know of these?

There is a write up on this in the January issue of Dirt Bike Magazine. It looks like you just take and cut a spare set of pegs horizontally to the height that you want to acheive and then weld that on top of the existing peg. Looks clean and should do the trick for you. Hope this helps.

Josh

• mousemeat

Posted December 15, 2004 - 01:19 PM

If your feet have trouble reaching the footpegs, how do they touch the ground?

• rush66

Posted December 15, 2004 - 01:45 PM

My thoughts exactly, I would think you would want to shave your seat to lessen the distance from the seat to the pegs and to the ground?

• Treebark

Posted December 15, 2004 - 06:55 PM

I only need one foot on the ground when I'm stopped other than that I keep my feet up when the bike is moving, do you tall people like dragging your feet? :cry: If I shaved my seat it would be like riding on a plastic saddle, I don't want that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted December 16, 2004 - 02:35 AM

I only need one foot on the ground when I'm stopped other than that I keep my feet up when the bike is moving, do you tall people like dragging your feet? :cry:

Nah, but at 6'3" in the standing position with std pegs you are standing on the bike, not 'in' it. Makes an excursion over the bars when you bit a rock/rut more likely.

• ncmountainman

Posted December 16, 2004 - 06:56 AM

i had a vision of cotton from king of the hill when i read this! but raising your center of gravity while standing may not be a good thing on a bike that is already top heavy. there are ways to lower the subframe and suspension that may be the way to go.

• Treebark

Posted December 16, 2004 - 08:54 PM

I'm pretty much use to the height of the bike and don't want to spend the money on lowering linkage kit, beside noone has developed linkage for the 04's yet right? The lowering the subframe option is an idea I may consider. Do you know where I can get some info on how to go about it?

• edareus

Posted December 29, 2004 - 05:33 PM

Hey Treebark, you could always screw 2x4s to the bottom of your boots! :cry: Also, you guys should see this dude ride! The only problem he has is riding side saddle until he gets the bike moving!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 29, 2004 - 05:41 PM

I guess Treebark and I are one of the few short riders that like the stock WR set up just fine. I ride side saddle to get going as well. You get used to it. Most of my crashes occur at 1 mph. :cry:

• jdd123

Posted December 29, 2004 - 06:39 PM

Oh my G**, side saddle? I thought I was a short rider (5'4" 30/32" inseam). I let my knee be on the top of the seat when I have other leg flat foot on the ground. It's like doing the splits. I even pratice sliding on and off on each side to stop the fallovers when on uneven terrain. Matter of fact it just came in handy this afternoon. Saved a tipover. I never considered lowering the bike because I didn't want to loose the travel.

How in the world do you do it side saddle? This was a joke right?

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 29, 2004 - 07:34 PM

How in the world do you do it side saddle? This was a joke right?

But of course! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Treebark

Posted January 13, 2005 - 09:46 PM

Oh my G**, side saddle? I thought I was a short rider (5'4" 30/32" inseam). I let my knee be on the top of the seat when I have other leg flat foot on the ground. It's like doing the splits. I even pratice sliding on and off on each side to stop the fallovers when on uneven terrain. Matter of fact it just came in handy this afternoon. Saved a tipover. I never considered lowering the bike because I didn't want to loose the travel.

That's how my posture is exactly and also don't want to change the travel since I finally got the suspension where I like it. I sometimes have to hop the one foot until the bike gets moving. As far as the 1mph drops my bike sees the ground quite a bit, sometimes I get lucky and a tree is at the right spot to hold me up.

I'll fiqure something out when I get back from Iraq in 2yrs, hey you never know I just might grow while I'm over there.:cry:

• Hurricane

Posted January 14, 2005 - 06:17 AM

I'll fiqure something out when I get back from Iraq in 2yrs, [color=red]hey you never know I just might grow while I'm over there[/color].:cry:[/QUOTE]
Don't count on it shorty!!!!!:cry: :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.