Zip Ty Fuel Screw?

42 replies to this topic
  • Todd98YZ400F

Posted December 18, 2004 - 09:36 PM

Hi y'all. I just bought my wonderful '98 YZ400F about a month ago. Love this bike. I took her out for the 1st time last weekend. Great bike and incredible power for a 4 stroke. The last 4 stroke dirtbike I owned was 15 or so years ago, an '88 XR200R. Let's just say this is like a rocket ship compared to that old technology. It's great to just gas and go since 2 strokes are such high maintanence.

Where exactly on the carb is the air/fuel mixture? I have jewler tools with multiple flatheads that I can adjust it with. I can get a set at a local liquidation store for $1.99. I actually have 2 sets now since I couldn't find the original one so I bought another then found it later. Anyway, I didn't spend much time looking for the air/fuel mixture hole but I think I was told it was underneath the carb in a recessed area where it may look like where a mounting screw would be. Is this right? Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 35yz450F

Posted December 19, 2004 - 06:08 AM

I've been happy with this setup.

http://www.harborfre...temnumber=35438

Actually rings up $.99 at the register.

• aussiequadrider

Posted December 24, 2004 - 11:57 PM

The falling out issue has plagued the 450 quads.
The stretching idea has been the best help.

Geoff.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.