Christmas Came early

4 replies to this topic
  • Ranger_426F

Posted December 15, 2004 - 01:36 AM

Well got like 45 days left in Iraq then I get to come home and ride my new bike. My wife picked it up last saturday and now it sits next to my 02.

Kinda of a cool story that goes with the bike.

My wife and 11 year old son go down to the shop to pick up the bike yesterday and low and behold one of my old tie down straps starts to slip as they are strapping it down. So lisa goes back in to buy a new one and Leaves Brandon in the truck. Well she comes out and see's Brandon is not in the truck, then hears some comotion off in the parking lot, so she looks over that way assuming the worst and see's Brandon darting between some cars and jumping into a old truck.

Well turns out some guys truck wouldn't start so he pops the hood and tries the old screwdriver to the starter trick but forgets to take it out of gear. Well the truck rolls forwrad pinning him inbetween his truck and a wall, Brandon saw this ,jumped out and put the thing in reverse and free'd the guy. Pretty damn good for a just turned 11 year old.

I am real proud of him and Lisa said he was a little shaken up but as he thought about it more started to appreciate what he ahd done for the guy.

• panteramatt

Posted December 15, 2004 - 03:13 AM

Thats a damn good story.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted December 15, 2004 - 04:36 AM

Hey great all around post! Thank you very much for your service! :cry: Also congrats on the new bike and it sounds like your kid is bright and clear thinking, a lot to come home to! :cry: :cry:

• motomike137

Posted December 15, 2004 - 08:30 AM

Great story. And your pic looks like it came from my garage! I have an 03 and a new 05 sitting next to it!

• Ride

Posted December 15, 2004 - 08:53 AM

Great story, nice bike, sounds like a great family. :cry:

And yes, thanks a bunch for helping keep America free :cry:

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.