Got my eastcoast wheels rim and

6 replies to this topic
  • scorch

Posted December 14, 2004 - 09:23 PM

its the wrong size. But will it matter?

I asked for a stock rear rim, its a 18 inch, but the width of the rim is 5". Pretty huge. Will I have a problem fitting tires on there?

• qadsan

Posted December 15, 2004 - 08:47 AM

The 5" costs more, so maybe you lucked out (if it fits???). How long ago did you order your wheels?

• BWB63

Posted December 15, 2004 - 12:36 PM

inside stock width is 2.15"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HooliKen

Posted December 15, 2004 - 01:41 PM

What are you doing bro going SuperMoto with it? I think you should still be able to fit a 150 in there.

• scorch

Posted December 15, 2004 - 06:56 PM

No, its a stock tire. Supermoto is overrated. I like dirt bikes. Whats the bike in your avatar?

• mikekay

Posted December 16, 2004 - 09:50 PM

5 inch 18?
thats so weird.
What good would that be for anything?
2.60 is as wide as you 'might' want to go in the rear for off road--and most would say the 2.15 is better....but 5? no way.
and if its a 18 what good is that going to do you at motard? i dont know the motard world--but dont they usually run 17? isnt that what all the wheel selection would lock one into?

they messed up my order also....east coast wheels...the lady on the phone was always nice....but she kept saying--it will be in next week--and they never called or emailed to say there would be a delay--just me calling in every week or two and trying to be nice--but still wondering--what the hell is going on here....it took over 2 months!!!!!!!!!For most of that time i could have driven 1 hour over to Chapparal and picked same stuff up for 3-4 dollars more....plus the lady very nearly ordered me a motard set up....i guess it makes sense that the majority of 650R wheels on the east coast might be going motard...but at least ask!

i would do business whith them again--but i would take the time to get it in writing exactly when my wheels or parts would come in.

east coast wheels monitors this site--so we are talking to ourselves, and to them!
HI!

It bugs me when vendors do that!

later,
MIke

• scorch

Posted December 17, 2004 - 08:58 AM

I sent them an email, and they are going to send postage for me to send it back. I would prefer for them to send me the other rim and the postage included in there for me to send this rim back. I wonder how long its going to take now!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.