02 XR650R NO Spark??

2 replies to this topic
  • sonorawfo

Posted December 14, 2004 - 06:05 PM

I picked up a 02 XR650R from a friend for repair because it would,nt start, (even when towed!!). I've not had to much time to work on it but with a quick checkover the bike has no spark, while I've heard of stator failures on earlier XRs this bike has less than 500 miles on the clock. What I'm suspisious of is the D/S conversion kit on this bike, it's called the legalizer made by dangerous toys inc., I've never heard of this company and I'm wondering if there are problems with this conversion kit that may cause failures in the ignition system???. I won't spend any real time working on the bike till Saturday but any info would be helpfull. :cry:. I talked this guy into getting into the D/S thing & I'd hate to see the repair of this bike get into big dollars. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hill5150

Posted December 14, 2004 - 06:27 PM

I had some spark issues a few weeks back, took it in to the shop, they diagnosed the stator as the problem, got a new one, not the problem, had to get a new cdi bought it at service Honda (btw best prices anywhere). (89.00)Problem solved.Prior to taking these drastic measures be sure to check and disconnect your kill switch completely to elimintate this as a problem. I looked at all the wiring and rechecked everything before buying the stator and CDI :cry: . The stator I had in there is a BD rewind i will send it back to them and see if it is good or bad.If it is still good, the shop i took it to will be getting a bill from me for the new 200 watt stator.Good luck.

• sonorawfo

Posted December 14, 2004 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for the info, I'm well aware of the basics of electrical problems. :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.