weld on -vs- bolt on scotts damper?

1 reply to this topic
  • miguelitro

Posted December 14, 2004 - 04:46 PM

Besides the price of the bolt on kit being a little higher, not really much after paying to have a post welded on for the weld on kit, what is the main diffs/advantages/disadvantages?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JMC

Posted December 14, 2004 - 04:57 PM

I don't know if they are the same still but I put one on my Dads 96 KDX. It was the bolt on. The post that the Scotts attached to was attached to a clamp or band that went around the head tube and clamped on using a pinch bolt. We tried using just the bolt on method. We soon found that it was not strong enough and flexed real bad. A quick trip to the welder for a few tack welds and it was dead solid. Hope this helps in any way.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.