Dakar and Mike Kay

41 replies to this topic
  • Dutch

Posted December 18, 2004 - 04:38 PM

MK & OMT - you guy's need to get a motel room or something.

• motorick426

Posted December 18, 2004 - 06:47 PM

what's that spell check thing for?

dude, you're killing me

• BWB63

Posted December 18, 2004 - 09:10 PM

Thee speell chek thinh is for thos that care! :cry: Oh, I guess that is like being politicaly correct. If you need it to feel good.........

• hill5150

Posted December 18, 2004 - 10:10 PM

:cry: whad did yu say abowt de spell checq. :cry:

• don87xr600

Posted December 18, 2004 - 10:12 PM

Thee speell chek thinh is for thos that care! :cry: Oh, I guess that is like being politicaly correct. If you need it to feel good.........

Hi, I'm an idiot and I don't use speel check.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted December 18, 2004 - 10:54 PM

MK & OMT - you guy's need to get a motel room or something.

Lighten up, it was all in jest and I'm sure Mike Kay knows that. :cry:

• mikekay

Posted December 18, 2004 - 11:57 PM

I have a thick skin....and its getting thicker!!
:cry:

Rode the Dakar bike to the top of Saddleback mountain yesterday--what a view!
I could see from La Jolla to Malibu...even hit some snow. Great ride!

Got a call from Spain--my old buddy John at Motoventures.com -- he is going to race the Dakar on a XR400! Can you imagine 350 miles of uncharted sand dunes with 9 gallons of fuel on a stock motor XR400? Wow...Very cool.

If i knew how to post pics on here i would...

later,
Mike

• Weirdo

Posted December 19, 2004 - 03:32 AM

Gawd damm. If I'd known, I'd of gone up Saddleback to wave as you rode by. I want to see the 'Big Black Pig #119' the soon to be famous 119. :cry:

but nooooooooooo I had to be up all Friday night ......... i digress....

once again good luck :cry: best wishes :cry:

And may The Force Be With YOU!! :cry:

• BWB63

Posted December 19, 2004 - 09:17 AM

don87xr600, I didn't think we had anything in common! I guess we both don't use the spell check :cry: That would be all that is the same though :cry: :cry: It would be nice if you spent some money and got a bike and had some input for this group but, there is always the one that can run his mouth against others faster then he can ride :cry:
As far as the spell check I throw a post up on the run and sometimes I read it later and fix it. There are very few of my posts that have not been edited. I cut the groups I join in on to; TT and Yahoo XR650R group. Like I said, I write what I can and intelligent people can over look the mistakes. :cry:

• don87xr600

Posted December 19, 2004 - 11:09 AM

Sorry but my cocaine habit prevents me from getting a newer bike. Not sure newer would be better though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • don87xr600

Posted December 19, 2004 - 11:11 AM

I spent my new bike money on implants for my wife, by the way, how much did your wifes cost?

• mikekay

Posted December 19, 2004 - 11:36 AM

Mine cost a BMW X5, an overpriced diamond ring, and a bunch of crap for the kitchen....i think we have something like 3 different cheese graders. But i am happy with the deal!

• don87xr600

Posted December 19, 2004 - 11:44 AM

good for you!

• BWB63

Posted December 19, 2004 - 12:11 PM

To cheap for that, the $23 wonder bra does the trick.

Hey, we live close enough lets ride sometime :cry:

I spent my new bike money on implants for my wife, by the way, how much did your wifes cost?

• don87xr600

Posted December 19, 2004 - 12:50 PM

I'm thinking Gorden's well to Glamis store and back with appropriate side trips. New Years day.

• EM_rider

Posted December 19, 2004 - 08:19 PM

But to be honest--there is about 10-20 % of off roaders who i really cant stand being around. Its the group that rides with loud pipes on forest service roads, or drinks and makes noise all night at the campground the night before a big race. The yahoos who ruin it for the rest of us.

I really cant stand those idiots. I wish they would move on to another sport--like quads or jet skis or something....

Frankly i am a bit embarrassed from time to time to be associated with our sport--just becouse of the public perception that off-roaders are lame, stupid, low lifes..

I hear that. The bottom feeders in our sport are pretty sad characters. But everyone I've ridden with through TT and KTMtalk are great representatives for off-roading.

• BWB63

Posted December 19, 2004 - 08:51 PM

I'm thinking Gorden's well to Glamis store and back with appropriate side trips. New Years day.

I aviod Glamis on the big weekends....to many Cocaine users :cry:

Lets try somewhere closer like the bad lands by the 60 freeway??? Or down by Temecula

• don87xr600

Posted December 19, 2004 - 11:10 PM

we can do that any weekend, nothing is like Glamis on a big weekend!

• wardo

Posted December 20, 2004 - 11:13 AM

"I spent my new bike money on implants for my wife, by the way, how much did your wifes cost?"

These sound far more useful than Mike's three cheese graters....

Wardo

• mikekay

Posted December 20, 2004 - 01:36 PM

Anyone up for a ride up Saddleback Mountain Tuesday the 21st?
Its my final check out for before i crate the bike up and take it to the airport.
You must have a street legal bike. Its a real fun 1-2 hour ride...

I will go up Santiago Canyon road, thru the gate, up to the top, over to Bluebird and cross 74 for a quicky cruise thru Windomar....then back again to Orange...

Open invitation to all...i might even let ya ride the el Negrito....

hasta,
Mike

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.