Cutting down the exhaust!

25 replies to this topic
  • adrian

Posted December 16, 2004 - 11:19 AM

Cutting your muffler also will raise your loud motorbike, redneck coolness by about 5 points. As well as help piss more people off who are already mad at the noise levels of dirtbikes at both private land and motocross tracks. It is a great thing to do for the sport for extra power that you will probably not even notice that much. Sorry to be the PITA about this...but it is the truth

Oh come on!! Guys who go and buy PC or Yoshi exhausts are MUCH louder than a cut down stocker!! I think that you are going a lil overboard here :cry:

• RussVCHSS

Posted December 16, 2004 - 12:39 PM

Tell that to McGrath who is fighting to keep his private track going...or to all the riders who have lost their places to ride. You are correct though, those other pipes are rediculous....

• Scooter426

Posted December 16, 2004 - 12:56 PM

go quiet.....
these bikes have too much power stock, so why add more. put money into practice days and suspension/etc.

my YZ450 needs more power like I need a hole in my head.....

Hey, I never noticed that hole in my head.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • acguy

Posted July 10, 2005 - 07:53 AM

I would like to just cut down some of the mid range airflow vibration this bike has with stock exhaust. Does anyone have a setup that helps with the vibs?

• Blue4Ever

Posted July 10, 2005 - 10:25 AM

I cut mine down 4" and also used a PMB end cap. I have a private track and when I did this I asked my Neighbors approx. 1/2 mile away, they said there was no noticable difference. It will make a small amount of more top end. I did not notice any low end loss, but I also run a 13 tooth front sprocket and a Power Now which helps your low end. If you do this I would suggest you tap the end cap and use button heads w/loctite.(this is very cost effective, looks good and allows you to run a spark arrestor.)

• crf450f

Posted July 12, 2005 - 04:29 PM

Cut it 5", when I got my 04 a year ago. Like the mod a lot. I took the ti endpipe off, and cut the outside aluminum, then rivet the end back on, and put some black Silicoln to seal it. Just a little louder, and looks great! Power wise, I can't tell, it has so much power at the get go!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.