Need some more carb advice

23 replies to this topic

Posted December 17, 2004 - 11:45 AM

Ya, I wasn't removing the carb from the bike either, just tilting it. I pulled the slide out because I like to work harder, not smarter :cry:

• Endurordr

Posted December 17, 2004 - 02:04 PM

Did the YZ needle make a difference Burley?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted December 17, 2004 - 02:22 PM

Well, because was having problems unrelated to the needle, I installed it with the clip in the position (3rd I believe) equal to stock on the WR needle. Since I have no problems and the bike does seem to have a little better responce now, I am going to drop it one position and see what happens and let you all know.

• barefootbob

Posted December 17, 2004 - 04:01 PM

Sorry for your problems, I spray carb cleaner around the areas wher ther could be a vacume leak while running if ther is a vacume leak the bike will rev alittle but you probly allready know this.Dont know much about the a.i.s. system but if its anything like the smog on a car if your plugs you used in place of your a.i.s are leaking the cold air into the head area big troubles with head and valves.Good luck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.