yz450f exhaust question

I just bought a pro-circuit Ti-4 silencer for my 2003 yz450f and i am wondering if i just need to buy a headpipe for it, or will i need to buy a midpipe also? I was looking at th FMF pipes in a magazine and noticed that for some of thier exhausts they require you to buy a midpipe along with a headpipe, but the pro-circuit ad didnt say anything about it.

Also, if anyone has bought this same exhaust set up and put it on thier bike...let me know how well it worked for you and if you liked it or not. Thanks.

You will need to buy a mid pipe to go with that silencer. There is no way that the silencer will fit on the old mid pipe. In fact I think the stock muffler is welded to the mid pipe. I would have to pull my old one out of the basement to see. The muffler works pretty good, I would leave the header pipe stock. I found the stock one works the best on the 03's with the fmf silencer. Thats what I have been running on my 03 and it works really well.

The PC muffler will bolt on to the stock head pipe. There is no mid pipe needed, like with the FMF. They do offer the low-boy head pipe, but I'd run it with the stocker first.

Just call PC in the morning and see what they say...