Headlight question and recommendations

1 reply to this topic
  • ThrakenH04

Posted December 13, 2004 - 02:50 PM

Hi, I went to the YZ forum hoping to get a few questions answered but time went by and still no answers and now Im hoping I could get the answers here.

Ok well I love the feel of my bike right now and I have about $350 to spend and figured for where and when I was riding, I want a headlight. I know I need a lighting coil and brackets but could someone show or explain to me how the process works and how its installed plus where I could get the 2. Thanks in advance and I love my YZ450. I would perfer it if I could go toward getting either a aftermarket headlight assembly or the WR one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • timcook

Posted December 13, 2004 - 03:28 PM

I believe Baja Designs has a conversion kit for the YZ450. I would imagine that you would need the stator modified of replaced in order for enough power to be available to run a head lamp. I am installing one of their kits on my WR today and I have found them to be helpful with tech questions. Give them a call @ 760-560-2252.
Anyone have experience with their kits?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.