Headlight question and recommendations

5 replies to this topic
  • ThrakenH04

Posted December 12, 2004 - 04:16 PM

Ok well I love the feel of my bike right now and I have about $350 to spend and figured for what I was doing, I want a headlight. I know I need a lighting coil and brackets but could someone show or explain to me how the process works and how its installed plus where I could get the 2. Thanks in advance and I love my YZ450. I would perfer it if I could go toward getting either a aftermarket headlight assembly or the WR one.

• ThrakenH04

Posted December 12, 2004 - 06:08 PM

anyone?

• thumper245

Posted December 12, 2004 - 09:02 PM

I would be interested also although I have a 400f

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted December 13, 2004 - 12:21 PM

I can't awnser your ?'s, but I'd say the best way to start would be by asking in the WR forum. Alot of guys over there have invested alot of time "YZ-ing" their WR's, & removing the headlights & brackets, & in some cases, the starters & other electronics. You might be able to find someone in there who'd know what you need & be willing to sell you the parts they took off their bike for a reasonable price.

• yzwiley

Posted December 14, 2004 - 08:17 AM

After some research and having a lighting stator on order with E-Line for two months I found Baja Designs to have the best solution for me.

I simply called these guys up and told them what I wanted. They put together a kit to do exactly what I wanted. I received an external lighting coil assembly, a new shifter lever, a wiring harness, a brake switch, headlight switch, headlight, taillight, and instructions. It was simple to install and the help I received from Baja Designs was great.

I recommend you give these guys a call, for they do have a solution for you.

• MXKyle

Posted December 14, 2004 - 09:47 AM

Check with these guys. I use a HID light to do night mountain biking and it is totally unreal. I would def go with a HID system if I was installing a light.

HID Light systems

Good luck,
--KT--

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.