Ebay Warning Skid Plate

4 replies to this topic
  • timvv51

Posted December 12, 2004 - 03:43 PM

Ebay has numerous carbon fiber skid plates up for auction from an outfit caled 3-a wholesale. Mine did not come close to fitting. Shipping is $20! Would reccomend not bidding on these skidplates.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted December 12, 2004 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, seen those guys. I always feel better with an aluminum one for some reason. Thanks for the heads up! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PeakRider

Posted December 12, 2004 - 06:08 PM

I put one of the skid plates on my 05 WR 450 and it fit perfectly. I did have some minor fit problems with the CF pipe guard but nothing I would worry about. I would recommend either item. The pipe guard is nice because it wraps around more of the front of the pipe. The stock guard was good for snagging branches and small animals.

• wr_power

Posted December 12, 2004 - 07:34 PM

thanks for the heads up, was looking for one!

• timvv51

Posted December 12, 2004 - 08:22 PM

The mounting holes didnt line up at all on mine and if you redrilled the holes you would still have to trim an inch or more to fit around the exhaust pipe and the spacers supplied were not what are needed. I pulled the stock frame and case gaurds off and jacked with it for quite a while and the unit I recieved is just not the right application. Would have been a good deal if it had fit. Glad yours fit though. What is the CF gaurd you mention. You say you would recommend either item. I just got one item. Maybe I missed out on something.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.