cam timing

6 replies to this topic
  • panosyz400f

Posted December 12, 2004 - 02:51 AM

Can someone tell me any website's that have information, how to assemble the YZ400f engine.
something like the repair manual.

• bushy

Posted December 12, 2004 - 01:33 PM

If you need any other help with specific questions myself and yz400man can help you. We are experianced at this :cry:

• panosyz400f

Posted December 12, 2004 - 11:09 PM

it tells me that the service manual is unavailable for this model...
But i appreciate your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bushy

Posted December 13, 2004 - 05:07 PM

Well, what do you need to know. There are members around here that are like walking manuals.

• panosyz400f

Posted December 13, 2004 - 10:44 PM

i would like to know how to do the cam timing plz?

• bushy

Posted December 14, 2004 - 04:22 PM

First off, make sure the piston is at top dead center by removing the two flat head plugs on the ignition cover and turning it with a socket till the I appears in the middle of the top hole. It looks more like a l then a I, and it is sorta small.

The cams should look like this when all done and timed correctly:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Hope this helps :cry:

If your having trouble.. the 250f have the same procedure.. just dont bother counting the links or pins, it gets too confusing.

• panosyz400f

Posted December 14, 2004 - 11:16 PM

hey guys
I want to thank you for your help.
this is my first 4strocker and i need to know everything about it.
Ive been riding a KX500 for the last 6 years and it seems to be alot easer to rebuild the engine.
There is a Clymer's manual on the way

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.