WR426 - Looking for Big tank w/ flatter seat

1 reply to this topic
  • WR4BLUE6

Posted December 11, 2004 - 06:00 PM

I recently rode a friends '04 Wr450 and I like the seating position or atleast the ability to move up farther towards the front of the bike. I'm looking for recommendations. I'd like the ability to have the same size tank or just a bit smaller, but a shorter and flatter seat.

Anything goes! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SPUTTER

Posted December 11, 2004 - 07:09 PM

The stock WR426 tank is a ball-jammer. The first mod I did on my 02 was to install the Clarke tank - about the same size as stock but allows movement without the nad issues. I recommend it.
BTW, I originally went with a YZ seat to conform to the new tank, but ended up modifying the stock WR seat (at the front slot connector) so it would work (I liked the width better). I'm very happy with that combo now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.