Austrailaisan Dirt Bike 05 WR450 Review

6 replies to this topic
  • condog_aus

Posted December 11, 2004 - 01:16 AM

Wow I just recieved the latest mag comparing all the 05 Enduro bikes and im a die hard Yamaha fan, but it copped a fair dinkum pizzling. Saying the suspension is undersprung even for 65kg. Saying this years suspension has thrown the WR's handling traits out.
Whilst I realise this is easily fixed with springs and some tuning the bike coped ergo bashing as well.
I sure hope this is an over reaction but on reading these articles it appears the WR has gone back wards not forwards.

• Hamish

Posted December 11, 2004 - 04:29 AM

hehe...could be true. Could also be that the editor has a new 525 in his garage

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 11, 2004 - 04:34 AM

I agree the 05 seems to have many specs that are going backwards compared to the 04! I just dont get what Yamaha is thinking. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 11, 2004 - 07:40 AM

I would like to see that article.. I find it hard to believe.. People can bad mouth the WRs for being tall,heavy or top heavy but to say the 05s are poorly suspended would surprize me. Is there a link to the article? Or did you see it in print?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 11, 2004 - 07:44 AM

I agree the 05 seems to have many specs that are going backwards compared to the 04! I just dont get what Yamaha is thinking. :cry:

I completly disagree.. With the exception of the small tank, I think it's all in the right direction. It'll be the best WR yet...

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 11, 2004 - 08:11 AM

I would like to see that article.. I find it hard to believe.. People can bad mouth the WRs for being tall,heavy or top heavy but to say the 05s are poorly suspended would surprize me. Is there a link to the article? Or did you see it in print?

It's in the latest issue of Australasian Dirt Bike, one of the (probably THE) biggest selling dirt bike mag's in Australia. I have a fair bit to do with prepping certain bikes (road bikes) for magazine journalists, and generally what they write can depend on how well they're treated by the people providing the test bike. I tend not to take what ANY magazine says too seriously. If it's a bike i'm not familiar with, asking a mechanic who works on that brand can often help find any problem areas to look out for. If a magazine has expensive full page ad's for let's say Hondas, they probably aren't going to tear strips off the Honda they are testing that issue.....Money talks.....

• Texas4play

Posted December 11, 2004 - 08:31 AM

http://dirtrider.com...1_0411_2005_wr/
Asking someone to pick out your bike for you is like asking someone to pick out your girlfriend. A magazine could be compared to a dating service data base of different girls ...oops I mean bikes, to ride. Many differences, many personalities, many choices. It all depends on the individual. It's your decision. But in the end, your the one that's gonna have to sleep with it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.