Exhaust choice

6 replies to this topic
  • teamtoxic

Posted December 10, 2004 - 09:06 PM

So I just picked up a new left-over '04 YZ450F. :cry: Now I need an exhuast so that I am USFD approved. Realize that I will be riding both tracks and trails.

The ProMoto Insert IS an option for me but aftermarket exhuasts tend to look better, and I wanted to see what you guys thought first.

I can get a White Bros R-Series exhaust for $160 right now through a clearance (some of you may have seen the ad I'm referring to). I'd like to know if any of you have any experience with this exhuast and what you think of it? Is it obnoxiously loud?

I had the WB E-Series on my 426 and while it worked well, I'd like to go a different route this time.

Any other suggestions? I'm working towards a degree and don't have the money to go out and spend $400+ on a system. I really just need something that is a good all around exhuast with the USFD approval.

Let me know what you think

Thanks!

BTW, I can't wait to ride this thing!!! I am looking outside my window watching the snow fall right now, what a shame. :cry:

Nick

• Wayne_Thompson

Posted December 10, 2004 - 10:29 PM

Nick, I just installed a Dr.D system on my bike. It has a removable spark arrestor for the track. You can remove it in less than 5 minutes. You can get a slip-on for about $350. Wayne

• HS624KS

Posted December 15, 2004 - 09:14 PM

Nick, I just installed a Dr.D system on my bike. It has a removable spark arrestor for the track. You can remove it in less than 5 minutes. You can get a slip-on for about $350. Wayne

And, the length of the Dr. D is quite a bit shorter than stock and some of the other aftermarket ones.
Keep it freshly packed and it's also not too loud.
Nice piece of hardware.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Idaho_Wolverine

Posted December 16, 2004 - 11:59 AM

I put a full yoshi on my 2003 and although it works great, it is WAY louder than the stock pipe.

• HIGH COMPRESSION

Posted March 09, 2005 - 02:18 PM

I Run A Jardine Rt-four And Love It. It Looks Good To. As Far As The White Bros R 4 Dirt Rider Did A Pipe Shootout And It Sounded Like A Good Exhaust.
103 Dec.
4lb. 9oz
High Compression
Yz450

• John_Lorenz

Posted March 09, 2005 - 02:20 PM

White Brother E2 it is USFD and is 96db legal. You can remove the core for race and I tell you the differance in power is only noise

Loud dont = power

• NorCal426

Posted March 28, 2005 - 09:48 PM

I had the WB E-Series on my 426 and while it worked well, I'd like to go a different route this time.
Nick

Why is this? i am inteested in one and was wondering some of the pros and cons of it. could you help me out?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.