Oh My "F" in God

17 replies to this topic
  • JUSTNEIL

Posted December 10, 2004 - 11:15 AM

:cry: :cry: if i got very little water in my motor and i raced home changed my oil 10 times (no really ten times) and now she runs but she smokes like i'm burning oil what is my next step.

could it be the few cap fulls of oil i poured down by the spark plug when this first happened

• Endurordr

Posted December 10, 2004 - 11:21 AM

It more then likely is the oil that you put down the hole. It is going to take a little while for all the oil to burn from the cylinder. Does it smoke a whole bunch or just a little? I would suggest running it around the block a couple of times and see what it looks like after.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted December 10, 2004 - 02:27 PM

Ride it, it will clear out!Lots of oil may be insdie the pipe and muffler too!

• Hamish

Posted December 10, 2004 - 02:29 PM

Before you star worrying about it, take it for a 10 minute ride. If that doesnt fix it you may have a problem. Also make sure you havent overfilled the oil.

• postalrider

Posted December 10, 2004 - 07:17 PM

is that the best you can do for a title ..if so you may see more smoke in the future!

• simica

Posted December 10, 2004 - 10:54 PM

I agree with postalrider!

• JUSTNEIL

Posted December 13, 2004 - 06:19 PM

if you look i edited the title 5 minutes after i started the thread. :cry:

• JUSTNEIL

Posted December 13, 2004 - 06:20 PM

thanks i'll let you know

• washinout

Posted December 14, 2004 - 07:16 AM

is that the best you can do for a title ..if so you may see more smoke in the future!

:cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted December 14, 2004 - 08:11 AM

:cry: :cry: if i got very little water in my motor and i raced home changed my oil 10 times (no really ten times) and now she runs but she smokes like i'm burning oil what is my next step.

could it be the few cap fulls of oil i poured down by the spark plug when this first happened

Sometimes I just can't believe what I read! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jeez, there isn't enough oil on the planet if you rode with us...

So who told you to put cap fulls of oil "Down by the spark plug..." :lol:

Why be afraid of water?

Deep and Wet

Drowning your bike is good for it!

• rws

Posted December 23, 2004 - 09:14 AM

torturechambers:

Those are really great pictures... I've seen ATVs in water like that but never a bike [that was still being ridden]. Pretty cool Kodak moment(s). :cry:

• lewichris

Posted December 23, 2004 - 09:24 AM

I have went through some deep water before but just kept it pinned. i had to or it would have died on me. Once i got it out i just kept the gas on a bit to burn the water that was in the airbox out. My bike still runs fine.

Good luck

• Kev_XR

Posted December 23, 2004 - 11:20 AM

The subject was changed to something more accurate. - Kevin

• Kev_XR

Posted December 23, 2004 - 11:21 AM

Please edit the subject line if you reply to this thread.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 23, 2004 - 11:56 AM

TC how the hell dident your bike suck in water,, i mean come on my husky cr 125 ( woods bike) went into a 1 foot deep river or w.e you call it and it sucked in a fish tank of water and i was in teh middle of no where, lucky me i had my cell phone and i called my dad to help me out cuz i dident no what i was doing.. he took the sparkplug out turned it upside down put the bike in gear and turned the tire and water was flying out of the head. and it started up 3rd kick again..

so my ? is how the hell dident you suck up any water???

• Ga426owner

Posted December 23, 2004 - 12:18 PM

who the heck told you to pour oil into the sparkplug hole? ????? :cry:

a little water in the motor will not mess your bike up! :cry:

just change the oil a few times and ride........ :cry:

• RichBaker

Posted December 23, 2004 - 12:35 PM

so my ? is how the hell dident you suck up any water???

If the airbox is unmodified, the top is the only place water will be able to get in........start cutting holes in it and you limit what you can go thru!

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 23, 2004 - 03:15 PM

If the airbox is unmodified, the top is the only place water will be able to get in........start cutting holes in it and you limit what you can go thru!

umm the airbox is stock and i havent done anything to it, im going ot have to check it out to see if there is a hole or crack in it..

but there is a little hole to let water out just like on my airbox on my 250f

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.