Top clamp fit issues

5 replies to this topic
  • noslo98

Posted December 10, 2004 - 09:08 AM

I just got a pro circuit top clamp and installed it last night with it all the way tightened down the forks are a little below the top surface when with the stock clamp they were flush with the top or a little above is this normal or should i loosen the bottom and slide the fork tubes up. if i do this what will it do for handleing? Also the number plate does not sit all the way on the fender any more it is raised about 1/8-1/4" up whats up with this?

• starttman

Posted December 10, 2004 - 12:24 PM

you need to get it down flush...aftermarket goodies tend to be slightly different from stockers.

good luck and let us know what you did.

Chris

• noslo98

Posted December 10, 2004 - 01:02 PM

i called pro circuit and they said to bring the fork tube 10mm past the top of the clamp

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Some Dude

Posted December 10, 2004 - 01:30 PM

10mm is quite a bit, you may actually notice a difference in handling if youre real intune with the bike. Should turn just a tad quicker in theory. Most of the forks these days are machined with adjustability up or down built in. Try it and see what it does for you. Just put on some nice Protape adjustable type triple clamp and Windham bar on my 98 YZ,......still not as stretched out as my KTM620, but getting closer.

• noslo98

Posted December 10, 2004 - 01:38 PM

thats what i thought i called him on it because it sounded like a lot.

• Ga426owner

Posted December 10, 2004 - 01:43 PM

I just got a pro circuit top clamp and installed it last night with it all the way tightened down the forks are a little below the top surface when with the stock clamp they were flush with the top or a little above is this normal or should i loosen the bottom and slide the fork tubes up. if i do this what will it do for handleing? Also the number plate does not sit all the way on the fender any more it is raised about 1/8-1/4" up whats up with this?

for the number plate issue they should have an adapter that puts the plate in right place - don't worry it is just mo money! :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.