05 wr450 oil filter, has anyone tryed this???

1 reply to this topic
  • brsmith

Posted December 10, 2004 - 07:46 AM

The stock 05 is a paper filter...Is anyone using a washable filter from a older yz/wr. My 01 426 filter is the same length/dia.and was cleanable.. Has anyone tryed this??? :cry: smitty

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jackazz

Posted December 10, 2004 - 08:07 AM

I have'nt tried one yet, but I did buy one for my '04. I got both an '04 paper filter & an '02 metal mesh one. I figured for the first oil change I'd run the paper as it'll catch finer particles, but I think I'm gonna throw the mesh one in on the next oil change (after next ride).

The only concearn that I have is that the mesh filter will obviously flow more oil compared to the paper one, & you wouldn't think that could be a bad thing, but who knows... :cry:

Here's a link to an old thread that discussed some of this before.

I wonder if the '04 & '05 paper filters are the same? I wish Yamaha would hurry up & update their online parts catalog with ALL of the '05 models... :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.