YZ400 tank on a Wr426

1 reply to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted December 09, 2004 - 01:42 AM

I just got a YZ400 tank in the hope it'll fit my WR. It was cheap and I can get a refund if it doesnt fit.
A few questions for anyone that has done this.
Do I need a YZ400 seat or will a YZ426 seat fit?
Do I need YZ400 shrouds or will YZ426 shrouds fit, or maybe even Wr426 shrouds?
thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 09, 2004 - 05:06 AM

Hamish, as far as I know, all YZF tanks from '98-'02 will bolt straight on, as long as you use a YZF seat from '98-'02 as well. With my YZ tank/seat combo', I used an '02 tank, and a '99 seat. Also, I used my stock '02 WR426 shrouds. All hardware from your WR tank will also fit the YZ tank too. :cry: BTW, after your first ride, you'll be rapt. This is probably one of the best mod's you'll make to the WR. :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.