lesser forces on transmission with cam swap

3 replies to this topic
  • mj2412

Posted December 08, 2004 - 09:34 PM

Hello,

i know the cam swap thread and have already read all of the messages, but since my YZ426 01 broke down i have a question which is not discussed in this threat until now. Background: In the summer i tried a new huge table and have problems with a stable airtime. During my tries to bring my front wheel in a better landing position my engine went two times out and the following landing was all the time a struggle between surviving and crashing. The result of the second landing without running engine was a broken 3 gear. :cry:

I can imagine that the forces in the engine are huge if the motor will be started from the back wheel. Could a cam from a YZ450, because of the automatic decompressing system, reduce the forces at the TDC? A 450 cam is much cheaper than a new transmission.

Please don´t look at all the mistakes i wrote, but i´m a European student in NYC and still studying the language.

Regards Martin

Congratulations for the nice forum, the speed of changing informations is really impressive. :cry:

• yz426onNOS

Posted December 08, 2004 - 09:39 PM

I belive that was one of the fixes of the 450 cam.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted December 09, 2004 - 10:07 PM

Your english is better than most Americans (writing, anyway)! If you didn't tell us you are new to the language, we wouldn't have known !!!

• Satch0922

Posted December 10, 2004 - 09:36 AM

I can imagine that the forces in the engine are huge if the motor will be started from the back wheel. Could a cam from a YZ450, because of the automatic decompressing system, reduce the forces at the TDC? A 450 cam is much cheaper than a new transmission.

:

ABSOLUTELY!!! The cam makes the bike easy to bump start....which is what your doing if you kill it in mid air and hit the ground with a dead motor. I highly recommend the mod for many reasons and this is just another one of them.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.