XRL Handlebars

8 replies to this topic
  • rokklym

Posted December 08, 2004 - 05:48 PM

How much higher are the CR Hi bend bars than the stock bars on a XR650L?
The stock bars seem WAY to low.

• roadcam

Posted December 09, 2004 - 02:40 AM

I bought CR-HI bars for my 2001 XR650L, and they appear to be the same, I wonder if previous owner swapped them already, or if they are same from factory .. ??..

• sgifford

Posted December 09, 2004 - 10:28 AM

I replaced the stock bars with Renthal bars for the Yamaha Banshee quad. They're the right width (30.5 I believe), and they have over a 4" rise. At 6'6", they fit me perfectly, and I'm able to stand easily now.

Seldon

• Jack Roberge

Posted December 09, 2004 - 03:20 PM

Seldon; When putting on your 4" rise bars did you have to buy longer cables?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted December 09, 2004 - 05:51 PM

How much higher are the CR Hi bend bars than the stock bars on a XR650L?
The stock bars seem WAY to low.

The Renthal CR Hi Bends are almost the same height and width as the stock ones, except for the sweep (less of a bend, or a straighter bar). Much better for off-roading, the main reason I installed them. If you are looking for a better handlebar and like the stock bend, this one is the way to go. Aluminum bars are a huge improvement over the stock steel bend-o-matics.

• sgifford

Posted December 10, 2004 - 06:56 AM

Seldon; When putting on your 4" rise bars did you have to buy longer cables?

Nope. The stock cables fit fine. I think the bar is about as tall as you can go without having to change cables.

• rokklym

Posted December 10, 2004 - 03:53 PM

I thought I'd be smart today and go to the local Honda shop since they have a XR650L and a bunch of aftermarket bars so I'd be able to campare them. Well, they ended up selling the 650 last Saturday so that plan was shot. It looks like the CR Hi's aren't much taller at all. The sales guy said that the Renthal Charmichael series is about 2/3 of an inch taller than the CR hi's so I'm going to look into that.

• drex

Posted December 10, 2004 - 10:37 PM

I thought I'd be smart today and go to the local Honda shop since they have a XR650L and a bunch of aftermarket bars so I'd be able to campare them. Well, they ended up selling the 650 last Saturday so that plan was shot. It looks like the CR Hi's aren't much taller at all. The sales guy said that the Renthal Charmichael series is about 2/3 of an inch taller than the CR hi's so I'm going to look into that.

I use the Carmichael bend on my XR R and love them! Nice and high, not much sweep.

• craft

Posted December 15, 2004 - 04:05 PM

Here's a link that has all of their bars and dimensions: http://www.renthal.c...pplications.asp

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.