low profile brakelight?

11 replies to this topic
  • dualsport newbie

Posted December 08, 2004 - 03:54 PM

does anyone make a lowprofile brakelight to replace the 300 hundred pound gorilla of a brakelight on a XR650L?

• Misfit

Posted December 08, 2004 - 04:00 PM

I think acerbis makes one but im not sure because it dosnt really say if its for the 650L im sure you could rig it up if it isnt lol.

• socalxr650

Posted December 08, 2004 - 05:23 PM

Chapparral lists an "Acerbis Dual Sport Tailight" part number 257-8321-00, price is 35.99.

That is a slick looking deal on the XR650L. I looked at a used bike with this on it and loved it, I can't wait to get rid f my whale tail!

• mikekay

Posted December 08, 2004 - 05:46 PM

I just got the Baja Designs LED under the fender rear light. Its awesome! SUPER lightweight. Very low power usage with the bright LED's....its a really nice package--highly recommended.

• dualsport newbie

Posted December 08, 2004 - 06:01 PM

socalXR/mikekay,

are your tail-lights also brake lights or just the tail-light?

• RingoRyan8

Posted December 08, 2004 - 10:18 PM

I am going to order one of these but they do not offer online ordering and they are only open from 10-3. here is the link. low profile brakelight

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dual_Dog

Posted December 09, 2004 - 05:34 PM

does anyone make a lowprofile brakelight to replace the 300 hundred pound gorilla of a brakelight on a XR650L?

Here are a couple of older shots of my 98 with a universal small Maier tail light brake light combo. It took a little work to mount it but it works great and its not expensive. About $14 bucks. Really bright for how small it is and pretty much bullet-proof, my #1 priority. Check 'em out. :cry:

http://www.imagestat...2f/f9e6e4b6.jpg

http://www.imagestat...fb/f9e6e4a5.jpg

• michaeln

Posted December 09, 2004 - 06:05 PM

I am going to order one of these but they do not offer online ordering and they are only open from 10-3. here is the link. low profile brakelight

Don't waste your time. FourStrokesOnly is the flakiest online business I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. If you try, you're in for a llot of frustration.

Look elsewhere.

• RingoRyan8

Posted December 09, 2004 - 07:40 PM

they aren't an online business, phone or in person orders only. do you know of anywhere else that has the light? i've searched everywhere.

• mikekay

Posted December 09, 2004 - 09:24 PM

Call BajaDesigns and order the LED under the fender tail light. It has both running light and brake light. Its SUPER light--so no need for fender braces and all that like in the past.

This is the set up i am taking to the Dakar Rallye in a couple weeks. Its great, and BajaDesigns is an awesome group to work with. Talk to Dan, and tell him Dakar Mike sent ya-tell him you want the same set up he put on my bike.
:cry:

• drex

Posted December 10, 2004 - 03:55 PM

Call BajaDesigns and order the LED under the fender tail light. It has both running light and brake light. Its SUPER light--so no need for fender braces and all that like in the past.

This is the set up i am taking to the Dakar Rallye in a couple weeks. Its great, and BajaDesigns is an awesome group to work with. Talk to Dan, and tell him Dakar Mike sent ya-tell him you want the same set up he put on my bike.
:cry:

Hey, Mike! Thanks for the info.

Will that under-the-fender light work with the stock 650R fender or do you use a different one?

• mikekay

Posted December 10, 2004 - 04:47 PM

Fits great with the stocker. If you really want the cool set up-- go with the SRC.net sub frame extension--it bolts under the rear fender. Then the under the rear fender lights are snadwiched in between that brace and the fender--but its just added beefy-ness and you dont absolutely have to have it.

I can now pick my bike up by the rear fender with that SRC.net brace--great in mud or for me--sand dunes! Talk to Kevin at SRC.net and tell him it is good for his business to help out Dakar riders! ---- both Baja Designs and Scott Summer's SRC.net have been very very helpfull and patient with my Dakar bike set up during the last few months...!!

ANyway--yes for sure the light will work well with the stock fender. I painted my fender black and it came out nice with the black light and all. I bolted my rear flasher lights onto the SRC brace as well....its a great set up. I will try to get some pics up in a day or two...

-Mike

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.