Getting 3RD Bike XR650

4 replies to this topic
  • e4dragongunner

Posted December 08, 2004 - 02:44 PM

Hey guys...
I have an XR280 , Dualed out with way way too many mods.... She is a good little hill hopper....
I have CR250 with a Gnarly pipe , Jetted Stock with a 12 oz fly weight....
Great little hill hopper... though I am a little new to 2 smokers... She is a lot of fun....
Anyway..... I want ( not need ) abike that is more Dual/ Sport Capable.
I have had my 280 on a few Michigan rides and she is fine... But it can get a little arduous on any strech of road... My family also owns a place up north in Wisconsin,,, Lots of fire roads and logging roads up there. Seems perfect for the 650. I am 6'1 190.lbs.

Tell me how much you guys love your Pigs!!!! :cry:

• big t

Posted December 08, 2004 - 09:13 PM

I love mine alot. Great all around bike. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted December 09, 2004 - 02:50 AM

Im 6'2", 230#, and my XR650L fits me pretty good, comfortable sitting position, and is an OUTSTANDING motorcycle for what it is ... a well-handling street bike that does a damn good job in the rough stuff IF you have a little room to maneuver ... she IS a FAT girl ... lol ... immediate mods you want to do are: "uncorking" , a bigger gas tank, and gear it down a bit, its geared from the factory for 100mph, and mine gets pretty light around 80-85, dropping a tooth on the front, or adding 3 on the rear makes it much more tractable offroad ... you will LOVE your pig, too ! ... find out the process for checking the oil, though, or it will scare you to death ( only engine I ever had that requires you to run the engine to operating temp BEFORE checking the dipstick ) if checked when cold, and after sitting, it will probably look like its out of oil ... scared hell out of me the first time ...

• DelTronXR

Posted December 09, 2004 - 12:07 PM

I've had mine since April of 2003 and all I have to say is that love at first sight is a reality! Uncork it, pipe it, stabilize it, put a fat tank on it, put big pegs on it, then RIDE the HELL OUT OF IT! :cry:

• e4dragongunner

Posted December 09, 2004 - 01:27 PM

Why all of the Conjecture about the pic being too heavy....Seems that there is a camp of people that are XR400 minded ... thats cool....
And those that love their PIG..... I sat on the pig at the bike show .... It was heaver than my 280 but not as heavy as all of the hype....

I was gonna dump my 280 but I am in love with this bike for what it is..
She will probably get a 300 kit one day.... MAking it a woods monster for how much ot weighs

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.