XR650L Neutral?

7 replies to this topic
  • dualsport newbie

Posted December 08, 2004 - 02:19 PM

i have an 05 XR650L with about 200 mi on her. the neutral light comes on sometimes when i'm in 1st gear. has anyone else with a new XR650L had this happen? is there a quick fix?

• socalxr650

Posted December 08, 2004 - 05:27 PM

There must be some kind of bug in there. I too own an 05 xr650l but the nuetral light does not come on in gear, sometimes it just won't come on, although I am in nutreal.

• KEVXR416

Posted December 08, 2004 - 06:19 PM

I am in nutreal.

Is that in Canada somewhere :cry:

sorry dude couldnt resist :cry: :cry:

• socalxr650

Posted December 08, 2004 - 06:40 PM

Is that in Canada somewhere :cry:

sorry dude couldnt resist :lol: :D

Its fine... You got a good laugh out of me.. I can laugh at myself :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yeravener

Posted December 30, 2004 - 09:35 PM

I have an 04 650L. No problems with neutral lighting.

• HeadTrauma

Posted December 30, 2004 - 10:01 PM

You could always disconnect the switch. My 600R obviously doesnt have a neutral light and the only time one might be handy is when I'm going to shut it down or idle for a bit. Other than that, you might look into adjusting it if possible. Another thing might be a sticking switch or a wire short.

• Dual_Dog

Posted December 31, 2004 - 07:31 AM

i have an 05 XR650L with about 200 mi on her. the neutral light comes on sometimes when i'm in 1st gear. has anyone else with a new XR650L had this happen? is there a quick fix?

Did this happed before or after the "crash?" Check the wiring. If that looks fine there's not a lot you can do without taking the side case off. If all else fails, disconnect the switch.

This is off-topic but I disabled the neutral "switch" on mine so I can start the beast without the clutch being pulled in and with the kickstand being down. Definitely recommend this mod. :cry:

Too many idiot safetys on this bike. :cry:

• HondaXR650R

Posted December 31, 2004 - 04:39 PM

Your have a valid warranty problem...

Solution: Take your bike in to your dealer, tell them what is happening and have it fixed for free on WARRANTY while you still can.

Happy New Year! :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.