HELP!!! I need a flywheel puller - 03 WR450

6 replies to this topic
  • Jim_bo

Posted December 08, 2004 - 10:48 AM

I want to ride this weekend, but I need to pull my flywheel so I can replace my starter clutch. The local shop said they had a puller, but the one they gave me was for a YZ. They have one ordered for me, but it will never be here on time.

If someone has one they could sell (or loan), I'd pay fedex charges to have it sent. Please PM me if you have one.

Thanks,

Jimbo

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 08, 2004 - 12:32 PM

I got one in my tool box at home and I am on the road. Wont get back until Friday. Sorry I cant help out! :cry:

• jbarnes

Posted December 08, 2004 - 08:17 PM

I have the one that came with the Baja Design kit I installed on my 98 400, have not had the 05 apart to see if it would work or not. If you can check if it will work your welcome to use it. I'm in Redlands so shipping should not be much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_bo

Posted December 08, 2004 - 09:10 PM

I don't think one for a WR400 will work. Damn. This really sucks

• dbone

Posted December 08, 2004 - 11:22 PM

i have one if you need it,pm me.I can get it in the mail in the morning...
donnie

• StreetbikePimp

Posted December 09, 2004 - 01:04 PM

Just use a regular gear puller. You can buy on at any automotive store. IE: Napa, Checkers, Autozone.

It works just fine. If your flywheel has been loctite on, you will want to heat it up before you try to pull it off.

• Jim_bo

Posted December 09, 2004 - 08:35 PM

OK.. I got one. I had to go to Hesperia to get it.... but I got it!!!

Jimbo

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.