did i do good or get burnt

22 replies to this topic
  • thumpinberry

Posted December 08, 2004 - 10:22 AM

bought a yz450f on ebay for 3050.00 there was only 1 bidder and 2 hours left when i bidded on it, got home that night checked my e-mail and won the auction.bike is one owner 03 says he rode it 3 times and parked it.guess i will see tommorow when i pick it up

• Thomas_Potter

Posted December 08, 2004 - 10:48 AM

Sounds like a good deal, but of course 'Buyer Beware'.

Post again after you have a chance to ride it.

Tom

• Todd98YZ400F

Posted December 08, 2004 - 11:02 AM

Post the ebay link.

• BOOBOO

Posted December 08, 2004 - 11:03 AM

I gave 3300.00 for my mine in sept.

• 642MX

Posted December 08, 2004 - 05:00 PM

If it runs good and looks decent, then I'd say you got a good deal.

• curtis515s

Posted December 08, 2004 - 09:26 PM

That's a good deal. I payed $ 4000.00 for an 03' about 3 months ago.

• thumpinberry

Posted December 10, 2004 - 06:36 AM

picked the bike up yesterday,it had a few light scratches on the rear fender and the left side of the swingarm other than that its like new .the owner gave me the title,all paperwork from dealership were he purchased bike for 6300.00 in december of 02.the tires on the bike look like they never touched the ground.left side of frame had little paint wore off right side was just scratched up.i just got lucky because he only posted 1 picture on ebay and did not include vin #.i guess that scared everyone off.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 10, 2004 - 06:55 AM

Sounds like a bargain, well done. Get some frame guards to prevent losing any more paint off the frame, and ride the wheels off that badboy :cry: Oh yeah, you probably should check that the bearings(headstem, swingarm etc) are greased, and oils and filters are fresh too. Oh, and a quality set of 'bars too, the stockers will bend if you sneeze on 'em. Oh, and .....nah, just ride it then. :cry: After those few things are done, you should be set.

• smokin529

Posted December 10, 2004 - 02:35 PM

Gee guys thanks for the reminder of how much I'll have to take it in the shorts next year when I sell my '04 and buy an '06....only to do it all over again in '08...... Oh well. The price we pay to be cool!

• yater

Posted December 10, 2004 - 02:43 PM

Just remember....chicks dig guys who ride dirtbikes

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 10, 2004 - 05:51 PM

Just remember....chicks dig guys who ride dirtbikes

Especially when you pull a wheelie past them..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• OffRoadAce

Posted December 12, 2004 - 12:03 PM

picked the bike up yesterday,it had a few light scratches on the rear fender and the left side of the swingarm other than that its like new .the owner gave me the title,all paperwork from dealership were he purchased bike for 6300.00 in december of 02.the tires on the bike look like they never touched the ground.left side of frame had little paint wore off right side was just scratched up.i just got lucky because he only posted 1 picture on ebay and did not include vin #.i guess that scared everyone off.

Sounds like a nice bike and great deal! :cry:
As for the tires,...they could be a new set he put on.

• ttr125smms120

Posted December 12, 2004 - 12:23 PM

yes, the bars will bend if you fly into trees, but most of us do not. my stockers have held up fine, i guess i just dont crash right. oh wait, maybe i take care of my bike

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted December 13, 2004 - 12:31 AM

yes, the bars will bend if you fly into trees, but most of us do not. my stockers have held up fine, i guess i just dont crash right. oh wait, maybe i take care of my bike

OK, the guy just bought a YZ450, and part of my advice was to suggest he fit some quality 'bars. Are you suggesting that because YOU haven't bent the stock 'bars on a TTR125, that anyone who has bent the stockers on a full sized YZF MX bike doesn't take care of their bike? Ask in the YZF/WRF forums, how many guys still run the stockers. I think you'll find most people put stronger 'bars on before their first ride.....

• ttr125smms120

Posted December 13, 2004 - 05:26 AM

well what would be a reason for putting on stronger bars? its not like you jump on them or anything....

• XXX_Thumper

Posted December 13, 2004 - 10:01 AM

Stock bars = Weak/more prone to bending :cry:
I've bent stock bars in the past just from washing out in corners. Nothing ends a good day of riding when that happens.

Maybe if you took that ttr-125 (toy bike) on a real track, rode it hard and really pushed you/bike you would probably wash out in a corner or just make a small mistake and there goes the stockers.

Trust everyone on here, stockers are 100% certified JUNK. :cry:

• DirtRider314

Posted December 13, 2004 - 11:43 AM

u no mayb if you actually rode like u stole it instead of ride it like ur mom would u would start 2 break and bend stuff :cry:

• ttr125smms120

Posted December 13, 2004 - 02:25 PM

well dirtrider, would you like me to take you on some of my trails some day? i would love to roost, i mean, guide you :cry:

• crazyYammi

Posted December 13, 2004 - 02:40 PM

yeah thats one nice thing about yamaha blue, it makes it pretty easy to tell if a bike has been ridden much.

• saucebox

Posted December 13, 2004 - 10:25 PM

hah i rode a kids ttr 125 this summer and i dont know if it was a figment of my imagination cuz i just got off my 450 or that thing was really that gutless. i dont think one of those things CAN roost....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.