Aftermarket Header

4 replies to this topic
  • Myyama426

Posted December 07, 2004 - 05:08 PM

I have just installed the GYT-R exhaust system. The header is very close (approx. 1/8")to my radiator. I have not taken it for a ride yet, I am concerned about the lack of clearance. I don't plan to let the bike sit idling, but I am still concerned that riding could cause an overheating issue. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have a 2001 426. Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted December 07, 2004 - 07:20 PM

I'd worry about the radiator contacting the header far more than the question of radiant heat. If it doesn't hit, I'd say it's fine. Be sure your right radiator isn't pushed back a little bit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Todd98YZ400F

Posted December 07, 2004 - 07:24 PM

I wouldn't really worry about radiant heat like gray says. The radiator is already hot from doing it's job so I would suspect the temperature differnce isn't that great.

I was considering getting the White Brothers E-Series Headpipe. Is that a good choice? Either use a White Brothers, Yoshi or D&D can. What do you suggest? I just bought this bike a week ago.

• Myyama426

Posted December 07, 2004 - 09:32 PM

Todd, I got my GYT-R from ebay. If you want a carbon fiber exhaust, don't get GYT-R, the muffler only looks like carbon fiber. The only carbon on it is the end cap. Of course, this shouldn't affect the performance. Thanks for the tip.

• Todd98YZ400F

Posted December 08, 2004 - 12:32 AM

Thanks MyYama...I'm hearing that the White Brothers full system is pretty good for this bike. I also heard the stock header is actually pretty good and you will do fine with just a pipe and jetting. Did you jet?

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.