both cams for 400?

3 replies to this topic
  • panteramatt

Posted December 07, 2004 - 01:43 PM

Im definitely buying the hotcam exhaust cam but is it worth the $ powerwise to buy both of them?

Posted December 07, 2004 - 03:45 PM

If anything use a high lift intake and stock exhaust.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyinguitars

Posted December 07, 2004 - 03:58 PM

If anything use a high lift intake and stock exhaust.

I think he's getting the hot cams exhaust cam for the auto decompression benefits.

I can't tell you about the hot cams intake....but you can run the HC exhaust cam with the stock intake with no problem...Im not sure of the differences between the HC and stock profile, but you may get some gain from the exhaust cam alone.

• Pothole

Posted December 07, 2004 - 04:14 PM

i can't comment on the benefits of the intake, but the exhaust adc works great in my 400. I've heard the intake peps up the motor pretty well, with harder starting and rough idle as the downside.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.