AvNow or Drilled PowerNow???????

4 replies to this topic
  • ca412686

Posted December 07, 2004 - 12:31 PM

Hey guys, i've been reading alot about the AvNow and the drilled PowerNow mod but I cant seem to find anything on which is better? Just wondering if anyone knows the pro's and con's of each or whick is better? :cry: Thanks guys

• yz007f

Posted December 10, 2004 - 05:00 PM

I drilled my powerNow and I really don't know how much of a difference it made. I didn't do back to back rides with it. I don't think it lost anything from drilling it. I remember seeing dyno sheets showing about 1hp more on the bottom end. But who really knows, I guess it didn't hurt it lol.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ca412686

Posted December 11, 2004 - 04:12 AM

Right on, thanks. Does anyone think one is better than the other???

• Satch0922

Posted December 14, 2004 - 09:42 AM

If it's new then go ahead and drill it. IF you already have a powernow then you probably won't notice a difference.

• Ga426owner

Posted December 14, 2004 - 12:37 PM

Didn't they just drill it to patent it? The original powerNow had no hole - after 1-2 companies came out with the same device - all of a sudden the "hole" issue came up - I have been happy with my holeless powernow
Some have said the hole makes no difference - I would like to know if it does or not. Also, I want to know about the powernow plus that goes in front of the carb - this is retively new - anyone tried it with decent results?

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.